Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP Legacy - OM by SWCA target

• 43 Replies
Re: WIP Legacy - OM by SWCA target
« Reply #25 on: Nov 01, 2019, 02:36 PM »
Looking great buddy!
As fast as the green on the helmet I'd say lower cheek

Bronk "Brawler" Skolgawr

• Aliit ori'shya tl'din
« Reply #26 on: Nov 02, 2019, 02:15 AM »
Looking great buddy!
As fast as the green on the helmet I'd say lower cheek

Cool, thanks for the input! My wife likes lower as well. I originally was leaning towards upper, but am starting to come around to the lower being green.

-Aliit ori'shya tl'din!!

-Fair warning- Default setting is grumpy. Doesn't play well with others.

Bronk "Brawler" Skolgawr

• Aliit ori'shya tl'din
« Reply #27 on: Nov 03, 2019, 01:26 AM »
Painted and weathered, Now I just have to reinstall the lights and they're done.

Edit 11-3 -

« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2019, 06:42 PM by Bronk "Brawler" Skolgawr » Logged
-Aliit ori'shya tl'din!!

Bronk "Brawler" Skolgawr

• Aliit ori'shya tl'din
« Reply #28 on: Nov 23, 2019, 11:35 AM »
My DLT-20A arrived from April Storms recently! (Yes, I decided to get one after all lol, but I'm not sure how many troops I'll be able to take it on. Definitely the local ones, but I'm not so sure I'll be able to get it onto the plane because of its size, so probably not Anaheim. I might buy or try to make a Verp for longer distance troops.) My wife says I'm not allowed to put it together until after Christmas, but we will see about that lol 🤔. I'm also supposed to wait until Christmas to see if I get an airbrush compressor, hence the delay in updates recently. I've reached an impasse in what I'm able to do now, though, since the only thing left to do other than painting is heat forming my armor to my body, so... If I have to wait until Christmas to do any other work, then... I'm probably going to be putting that BFG together in the meantime lol.

« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2019, 11:43 AM by Bronk "Brawler" Skolgawr » Logged
-Aliit ori'shya tl'din!!

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #29 on: Dec 08, 2019, 04:50 PM »
Found it! Commenting for updates!

MMCC #1484¦¦64 Career Invasions¦¦Rancor Clan
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector

Bronk "Brawler" Skolgawr

• Aliit ori'shya tl'din
« Reply #30 on: Dec 09, 2019, 07:11 PM »

« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2019, 05:09 AM by Bronk "Brawler" Skolgawr » Logged
-Aliit ori'shya tl'din!!

« Reply #31 on: Dec 09, 2019, 08:09 PM »
Love the knife :-)

Bronk "Brawler" Skolgawr

• Aliit ori'shya tl'din
« Reply #32 on: Dec 18, 2019, 03:23 AM »
Love the knife :-)

It's a beskad, about 2 feet long (I know it's hard to tell in the pictures lol). I love it too! Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to carry it at big cons like Celebration, because it's made from aluminum ☹️. I'm kind of gutted about it, because I love it so much! Hoping I can at least carry it at smaller toy shows or something.

-Aliit ori'shya tl'din!!

Bronk "Brawler" Skolgawr

• Aliit ori'shya tl'din
« Reply #33 on: Dec 22, 2019, 03:32 AM »
This is a before shot of what my pouches looked like before I started painting and weathering them, and how they look now. Also, I got my airbrush compressor so I'll finally be able to start painting everything!

-Aliit ori'shya tl'din!!

Bronk "Brawler" Skolgawr

• Aliit ori'shya tl'din
« Reply #34 on: Jan 02, 2020, 10:42 PM »
Working on my jump-jets, made from garden pipe repair extensions, a cut down and reformed junction box, a c-pap hose and plastic from a step-stool that my daughter had broken. I still have to paint them and complete a 2nd set, but here's the unpainted result. I'm pretty proud of them.

Toying with the idea of grounding the head screw heads down so that they're not visible, but I'm not sure if it will end up sabotaging the hold on the "rockets", so I haven't made up my mind yet.

Update 1-5-2020
I changed out the screws for flatter heads, added a flashing red light, and a strap across the back to eliminate shaking and separating during walking. These just need paint and they're ready to go! I'll just have to figure out how to mount them once I get my leg armor completed.

« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2020, 08:42 PM by Bronk "Brawler" Skolgawr » Logged
-Aliit ori'shya tl'din!!

Kurshi BeJahaal

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #35 on: Jan 17, 2020, 05:08 PM »
These really did turn out awesome!

« Reply #36 on: Feb 19, 2020, 03:10 PM »
Love the jump jets brother! Any more progress??

Bronk "Brawler" Skolgawr

• Aliit ori'shya tl'din
« Reply #37 on: Mar 27, 2020, 07:09 PM »
Just a quick update - almost everything is assembled and ready for paint or weathering, I've just not had the time to get to painting just yet. I created my own flame Thrower for my gauntlets. Made from, of all things, surprise containers of a toy that my daughter likes, which I glued several together end-to-end, and then used air-gun tips for filling up inflated items as the nozzles. I also received my wooden beskad, since I've been told that the aluminum one wouldn't be able to be carried at many events, and worked on matching the paint & weathering up to the aluminum one (they match better in person than they look in the pictures. The leather is a little darker and the blade is a little thicker, but all in all they look pretty much the same. Top pictured is the aluminum one and bottom is the wooden one.)

-Aliit ori'shya tl'din!!

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #38 on: Apr 01, 2020, 04:13 PM »
Those really are cool little containers! What are they from?!

Bronk "Brawler" Skolgawr

• Aliit ori'shya tl'din
« Reply #39 on: Jun 07, 2020, 05:39 PM »
Those really are cool little containers! What are they from?!

Sorry vod, I'm not getting notifications of responses! If you mean the ones that I'm making my flame throwers from, they're actually little blind pack containers of a monster toy that my daughter likes called Grumblies lol. They fit together end-to-end really well and then I just glued them together and primed them.

Also, I finally got my lazy shebs around to priming today. Quick note- painting outside is not as much fun or easy as advertised lol.

« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2020, 01:58 PM by Bronk "Brawler" Skolgawr » Logged
-Aliit ori'shya tl'din!!

Bronk "Brawler" Skolgawr

• Aliit ori'shya tl'din
« Reply #40 on: Jun 08, 2020, 09:50 PM »
I definitely think I'm going to need help heat forming my armor, because of the way it's made. Does anyone know if there's going to be an armor party anytime soon?

-Aliit ori'shya tl'din!!

Odran Krayt

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din (Family is more than blood)
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #41 on: Jun 08, 2020, 11:41 PM »
I definitely think I'm going to need help heat forming my armor, because of the way it's made. Does anyone know if there's going to be an armor party anytime soon?

Not sure about your clan, but mine just got approval to do limited attendance ap's this week, so you could talk to your ruus to see if that's possible

B.O.M.B.  #85|L.O.B. #41|M.A. #180|MAJIC #184|B.o.B.B #028
New Death Watch Order #44|O.O.P.S! #44
ALUMINATI #053 | V.B.V #7
Odran Krayt WIP
Nexan Armories (Sales thread)
I've been doin' this since I was 10!

Bronk "Brawler" Skolgawr

• Aliit ori'shya tl'din
« Reply #42 on: Jun 09, 2020, 09:01 PM »
Not sure about your clan, but mine just got approval to do limited attendance ap's this week, so you could talk to your ruus to see if that's possible

Thanks. My Ruus is in this thread, so I'm hoping that he will see and respond. My armor has edges from being vacuformed and I'm not sure if I should cut the edges off, or leave them or what. It makes the armor bulky and stick out from my body more than seems necessary. I'm already a big guy, I don't need it making me look fatter lol.

General update - got my downstairs work  area cleaned up again, so I'm starting to get some work done down there again, (when I'm able to get away from the kid lol.) I got my flame throwers attached to my gauntlet today. Can't wait to get that finished and the screen installed.

-Aliit ori'shya tl'din!!

Bronk "Brawler" Skolgawr

• Aliit ori'shya tl'din
« Reply #43 on: Jun 18, 2020, 05:41 PM »
Painting has begun! I'm back to work on finishing everything up. 

-Aliit ori'shya tl'din!!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!