Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mandalorian Scent...

• 6 Replies
Mandalorian Scent...
« on: Sep 02, 2019, 01:16 AM »
Not sure where this fits in, but I think this category is the closest.
  Has anyone ever tried wearing cologne or perfume to give off a musky scent, something like what your mandalorian would smell like? like another layer of cosplay.
 I found an Etsy store that sells "Cosplay Scents", they have over 100 scents and some are very interesting, in the info for each scent theres a suggestion for cosplay characters that would go good with the scent and lists the different smells that are used in it. Theres a scent called Mercenary that suggests to use it with Boba Fett, Jango Fett, and other Mandalorians.
 I'm not sure what the rules are on this sort of thing, but I thought I'd try some and ordered a sample pack to try 3 scents. I'm in no way trying to promote the store or anything, it's just something unique I came across and thought I'd share.

"You may have a quick witt... but my trigger finger is quicker." -Kei' Lyk

Please excuse the old SWG Signature, It's my concept armor. I'll take out the SWG stuff in it when I get PS load

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
Re: Mandalorian Scent...
« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2019, 12:11 PM »
I considered developing a unique scent for each of my kits, and I came up with:
Saddle soap for my Medieval Mando
Kerosene and fresh cut grass for my rebel pilot Mando
Woodsmoke for my Force Hunter Mando

The idea of adding a layer of smell to a costume is a pretty good one. :)

« Reply #2 on: Sep 02, 2019, 04:14 PM »
I too like this idea but may go for a more natural way of obtaining it.  Like standing around a fire to get the smokey smell.

Cabur Akaata Member #178; Oribru Akaata #46; Grey Brigade/OT Guard #73; (Veteran/ Fire/ EMS/ Old Guy)

Prini Nibal

• Awards Donated one quarter of 2024. Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2020, 07:17 PM »
If you like essential oils you can use blends or custom recipes on a wool ball like you'd use in your dryer and put it in your kit box. Voila, kit box smells good and character scent. I use Tuberose.

Bucket's on I'm smiling!
Kyrimorut Clan | M.V.S #60 |The Mandalorian Cavalry #12|M5 #95|
Nic's WIP 
[url=http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=145833.0] Nik's Beast Hunter WIP
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2020, 11:57 PM »
honestly...i wouldn't really do this if you're going to a con or something, just because of how many people tend to have allergies or breathing issues as it is. i just avoid wearing anything heavily scented in public in general though aha

Evren Jaira

• She/They
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2020, 05:11 AM »
While I do really like the idea, it's just not that practical. I know that I stink at the end of a troop, and there's not much able to get past it til it's had a good wash!

OM #2745|QMU #025|MA #146 - 24er|House Nelvaan #32
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2023, 08:53 PM »
Hey! I used to work at a haunted house and believe it or not there is a brand that makes scents for haunt characters. A bunch of actors at my haunt used different scents. It's great to get all the senses going when making a character and you want to have a certain effect on people. These spray scents tend to be much stronger than perfume and cologne and can last hours. I used to use 'campfire smell' for a LARP character that was loosely also a dragon. I also used hospital scent for an escaped patient for one of my haunted house characters.
I am 100% going to get some for my Mando when I finish up making my kit. Just don't know what smell to go with yet.
The brand is called Froggy Fog. They have so many scents, from apple pie and bubble gum to chainsaw exhast and raw sewage. Here is a link to the spray scents:
https://www.froggysfog.com/scents/scent-sprays-scented-cologne.html#page=1

New Mando in training

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!