Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First mando build...

• 19 Replies
First mando build...
« on: Sep 11, 2019, 04:06 PM »
Hey All, building up my first build,

was going to go for a black on black, but going to add some contrast after talking to members of Krayt Clan

https://imgur.com/gallery/44E1uAF

Plates are cut, waiting for bucket to start painting

Diamond will be the Idiot's card from Sabacc, with 2 and 3 on the holsters to make the Idiot's Array hand.   

I'm adding a water cooling vest (vegas) so I'll probably have a jet pack to cover it.

« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2019, 04:12 PM by itsjustcarlos » Logged
Re: First mando build...
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2019, 03:47 PM »
Kit is coming together great brother! CNt wait to see more progress!

Ascalon

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions Celebration Chicago
« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2019, 12:41 PM »
It looks like you have a really good start. You should get pictures upload with the kit on you so we can really check sizing to you. It’s hard to make suggestions with everything on a mannequin.
 But you have a lot done and it’s looking good. I do see some exposed zippers in a few of the pictures if you haven’t already make sure these are covered by flaps or if needed pockets removed. 

PP1 Boba Fett WIP

Tra’cor Clan MMCC1981

Jobatt

• Goes where the money leads.
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2019, 04:43 PM »
I am curious about the fitting if that sabacc diamond.

Jobatt M'dano - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=49720.0
Mando 0571 -  Events Trooped: 3 Unofficial, 17 Official
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2020, 02:28 PM »
Sorry for not posting much, been dragging my feet...
Anyway, looking for feedback on the collar, I'm planning to chicago screw attache them

Thinking I need one screw in the middle because to get rid of the gap.

around the neck, it is lifted, thinking either bolt it down or snip it

Thanks in advance, looking forward to your feedback

Ascalon

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions Celebration Chicago
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2020, 06:08 PM »
Nice progress on your kit.  I would agree that the collar is floating in the center and you definitely don’t want it digging into your neck/neck seal.  I would agree you might want to add an attachment at the center to stop the float there. 

You can try to add a little curve to the collar on the inside so it doesn’t hit your neck.

When you have time get some photos posted of all the chest plates and vest on you. That way we can get an overall view of plate sizing and shaping.

PP1 Boba Fett WIP

Tra’cor Clan MMCC1981
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2020, 12:05 AM »

put in a screw in the middle of the collar armor to try to remove indentation

« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2020, 12:10 AM »
as i post images it's easier to find problems lol oi vay

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2020, 08:25 PM »
It looks like your chest plates need to be rotated around the bottom most inside corner of each plate until the edges of the plates are parallelm it looks like this should solve all of your spacing issues. I have attached a picture of what I am talking about. Hopefully it helps.

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.
« Reply #9 on: Feb 22, 2020, 02:17 AM »

Hey all,
hoping to get additional feedback, getting pretty close for pre-app, just want to make sure i'm not missing anything .

Things I need to finish:
Arm bands
shotgun holster
knife sheath
need to fix ear on visor (it popped off after we took the pictures)

Ascalon

« Reply #10 on: Feb 22, 2020, 08:01 AM »
Looking good. You will want to make some  small adjustments in plate spacing.
-right chest plate should be straightened out it’s crowding at your diamond
-move your shoulder plates forward over your arm. They are both riding back and are touching your back plate.
-right side photo back plate is floating just a little we can see under it.  I would secure it tighter to your back
-cod plate looks to be a little low I would pull it up just a little and you want the top of your cod covered by your girth belt

These should all be easy adjustments.

PP1 Boba Fett WIP

Tra’cor Clan MMCC1981
« Reply #11 on: Mar 08, 2020, 06:30 PM »

just noticed that I'm missing trigger from gun, will reprint and add that

« Reply #12 on: Mar 09, 2020, 02:01 AM »
Your first two photos are the same. You are also missing your right side and helmet off photos. Not sure if your intention is to move these to Pre-app.

MMCC #UM | Sarlacc Clan (Nevada, USA)
Cabur Akaata #185 | Wrangalorian #13
Vode Be Vhekad #11
Ra'z Kortu's WIP
Stampede Nerf WIP

Awall

• None of us are as smart as ALL of us
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 267th Rapid Assault
« Reply #13 on: Mar 09, 2020, 07:44 PM »
This is a solid start.  Good job! 
I notice in your new photos that your right chest plate spacing with your collar is inconsistent.  Adjusting this might help the diamond spacing a little more.   And your left shoulder plate appears to still need a little more rotated forward.  Spacing was a challenge for me... but keep up the hard work!

Rancor Clan     #2385
Oribru Akaata #56   Emergency Battalion
« Reply #14 on: Mar 10, 2020, 03:54 PM »

« Reply #15 on: Mar 10, 2020, 03:56 PM »
This is a solid start.  Good job! 
I notice in your new photos that your right chest plate spacing with your collar is inconsistent.  Adjusting this might help the diamond spacing a little more.   And your left shoulder plate appears to still need a little more rotated forward.  Spacing was a challenge for me... but keep up the hard work!

Thanks, submitted for pre-app, think with this feedback I'll take pictures without the cape, as it's has some heft to it that is probably messing with the alignment

J'Khara Vontess

• Ever heard of shock and awe? You're looking at it
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Special Operations Brigade Member 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #16 on: Nov 21, 2020, 12:39 PM »
Following with interest. You're super close!

« Reply #17 on: Jun 09, 2022, 12:02 PM »
Just some quick pics from SWCA while I was wearing it.

Weapons

no bucket:

left:

back:

right:

Front:

« Reply #18 on: Jul 05, 2022, 01:24 AM »
No Bucket:
[
FRONT

RIGHT

Back

left

« Reply #19 on: Jan 15, 2023, 09:31 PM »

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!