Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bandolier's Finished armor.

• 144 Replies

Bandolier

• Pew pew!
  • "Have fun storming the caslte!"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Bandolier's Finished armor.
« Reply #45 on: Nov 01, 2009, 11:45 AM »
I told them about it, but  I couldn't tell if they were terribly interested in joining  :-\ :-\

"I'm Bando the Mando"

~Armor~

~Back-story~

Solus Kyr

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #46 on: Nov 01, 2009, 12:11 PM »
I found a whole Fett Family, they made their suits out of foam and papermache. the coated it with fiberglass. they used a metal mesh for the visor. still a nice job on their behalf.

These guys did a fantastic job! Looks like you had a great time!

Me'tiir Or'los

• I have no Personal Text
« Reply #47 on: Nov 01, 2009, 12:14 PM »
awesome! awesome pics, love the evolution pictures by the way=D

Everywhere..and nowhere..sometimes at the same time..oh yeah...be scared

Bandolier

• Pew pew!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #48 on: Nov 09, 2009, 02:18 AM »
awesome! awesome pics, love the evolution pictures by the way=D

Thanks, I love that pic to, it just shows you that what you start out with can just mature over time into something more unique.

"I'm Bando the Mando"

~Armor~

~Back-story~

Bandolier

• Pew pew!
« Reply #49 on: Nov 21, 2009, 05:42 PM »
Well, it looks like I will be starting a new set of armor in the next week. I'll make a tutorial on how i am going to do the paint and the rust look on this next set, some of you are interested in how I did it. All my secrets will be yours!!! 

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19365.new#new

"I'm Bando the Mando"

~Armor~

~Back-story~

Renick

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #50 on: Dec 16, 2009, 09:22 AM »
As cool as the boots are I have to ask; are you going to weather them.  They look so shinny that you can't help but think they are brand new.  Course you could leave them as brand new and make up a back story about a shoeless man now walking around Tantooine or some other desert local.   Just an opinon...take it with a grain of salt

"Gar taldin ni jaonyc; gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la"
"No one cares who your father is.... Only the father you'll be" 
Aliit ori'shya tal'din 
"Family is more than blood"

OM# 373
BM# 30
M.A.J.I.C #55

Bandolier

• Pew pew!
« Reply #51 on: Dec 16, 2009, 02:59 PM »
I take all your guy's opinions and suggestions as serious suggestions on helping me improve my suit, so thank you for your imput. well in pictures, yeah, they do look pretty new, but in person, i think you can tell they are older an worn. they are old boots and i wear them even when I'm not in costume because, well, I just like them ;D also, they may look a little clean, but i think they match those leather straps i have on my biceps, it sort of carries the leather look throughout the costume.

"I'm Bando the Mando"

~Armor~

~Back-story~

K'raam Xrati

• Mark Hamilton the Red Mando, TB & DZ3203
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #52 on: Jan 31, 2010, 09:31 PM »
Ohayocon 2010

76 Career Invasions
MMCC #48 Trooping since September 2007
Kilted Mando #4

Renick

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #53 on: Feb 04, 2010, 12:37 PM »
I really dig the shin armor

"Gar taldin ni jaonyc; gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la"
"No one cares who your father is.... Only the father you'll be" 
Aliit ori'shya tal'din 
"Family is more than blood"

OM# 373
BM# 30
M.A.J.I.C #55

Bandolier

• Pew pew!
« Reply #54 on: Feb 04, 2010, 04:32 PM »
Thanks Renick! I like all the buckles and straps holding them on. I am working on my second mando kit now. Its going to have all white armor and gree/brown soft parts. I finished the shin armor so i thought i might as well try them out at a Con  ;D

"I'm Bando the Mando"

~Armor~

~Back-story~

Bandolier

• Pew pew!
« Reply #55 on: Feb 04, 2010, 10:26 PM »
OK, so i worked on a second set of armor about a month ago and never uploaded pics, Im just going to do a few progress photos on here. I know these pictures are on my rust armor tutorial, but from here on out, it will be just progress photos.  It probably wont be done for a few months, but what ever  :P

I drew up a quick concept  pick for what I am going to be makin'

here is most of the finished armor. I used the same shoulder insignia as my Green set and i wrote 'Vode an' (meaning 'Brothers all' in mandalorian) on the left chest plate in red paint. most of the rust is in the same places on both sets.

My gun belt>

The bucket>>> 2 piece Rubies Jango bucket. has 4 red lights over the left eye, a spot light on the side, and some green and blue lights in the right ear piece. I saved the old visor and just put some car window tint over it.

before I taped off all the extra lights, I took this picture, I call it DISCO MANDO

Here is the finished back plate, the thing on the armor was the turret for a toy Abrams Tank

« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2010, 10:47 PM by Bandolier » Logged
"I'm Bando the Mando"

~Armor~

~Back-story~

Tassone Phoenix

• Proud Dune Sea Mando
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #56 on: Feb 06, 2010, 07:52 PM »
Wow I just love your armor. It keeps getting better and better. I especially love the boots and spurs. I am liking the second set. It looks like a great concept. Question- What is the gun belt for your new set of armor made out of? Is is vinyl or pleather or something like that? It looks kinda like leather, but not. It looks like it might be easier to work with too. Love your stuff!!

Tassone Phoenix aka Victoria 

Shonare Vhekadla Clan

Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club: #0333

M5: Mandalorian Mercs Mighty Mini Mando #3

My Mando WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=19027.0

My Mando's Beast Hunter Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=70601.0

Verdika's thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=51095.0

Bandolier

• Pew pew!
« Reply #57 on: Feb 06, 2010, 10:37 PM »
Thank you so much Tassone! yeah, i keep changing and adding things to my kit ;D the gun belt is vinyl/pleather, whatever you want to call it. Thank you so much for the complements, it really helps me try and keep doing quality work when people really  appreciate it!

"I'm Bando the Mando"

~Armor~

~Back-story~

Bandolier

• Pew pew!
« Reply #58 on: Feb 16, 2010, 06:38 PM »
Thanks K'raam for posting a link to this site. They did some wonderful photos... it almost makes me want to not finish my second kit, whats the point  ;D

"I'm Bando the Mando"

~Armor~

~Back-story~

Drak Fiurr Verda

• ...Mew...
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #59 on: Mar 03, 2010, 05:49 PM »
Thanks K'raam for posting a link to this site. They did some wonderful photos... it almost makes me want to not finish my second kit, whats the point  ;D

WHATS THE POINT! You can never have too many sets of armor :P. lol Great job though ner vod. Makes me excited to see you finish you next set ;).

R.I.P Chris, aka Remo Jadd
BVC Command Email: bvclan@mandalorianmercs.com

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!