Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question-Scrubs Flight Suit Sleeves

• 2 Replies
Question-Scrubs Flight Suit Sleeves
« on: Oct 07, 2019, 06:47 PM »
Hello Everyone  :jango:

Going with the Scrubs approach to the flight suit. I have ordered a scrub top and bottom as well as another bottom. I will take the legs from the extra bottom set to make sleeves. My first question to the group is when sewing the legs into the sleeves, is there a certain way this has to be done?  Is it as easy as just sliding the legs that i will make as sleeves up inside the bicep area of the top tunic and sewing the long sleeve and short sleeve together from the outside?

Druj Jes

• Building towards Hazardous Env. / Heavy Weapons
Re: Question-Scrubs Flight Suit Sleeves
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2019, 09:48 PM »
The way I did it was slide the long sleeve into the short sleeve and then I added a stitch around the seam attaching the short sleeve to the body of the shirt.  I needed the short sleeve to be loose for hoses to go up the short sleeve.  It is not that difficult, but the effect is really cool and really adds to the overall look of the kit.  I hope this helps.   :like:

Druj Jes - M.M.C.C. #2302 - B.O.M.B. #105 - M.V.S. #105
Re: Question-Scrubs Flight Suit Sleeves
« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2019, 07:08 AM »
Mine are stitched an inch or two up the short sleeve.  I had to make a small dart in the long sleeve, because they weren't quite the same diameter as the short sleeves.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!