Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Armor taking shape

• 16 Replies
Armor taking shape
« on: Sep 25, 2009, 04:12 AM »
My girlfriend Jen (Sahirate on the forums) is helping me make my armor. Here is what we've molded so far...

The right shoulder warped badly so we're going to have to cut a new piece out to mold. Still waiting on my BDU's/flight suit to arrive from Australia.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Armor taking shape
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2009, 09:42 AM »
Yep, looking good so far!  Have you tried heating the warp out of the shoulder bell?

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*
« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2009, 01:50 PM »
Haha Not yet we haven't. It was just so late when we did all this work.. I wasn't going to try it. I think I just stretched the material when I was pulling it out of the oven... it doesn't even look like the same shape I cut out! I'll try to reshape it though today sometime after other materials are purchased. =)

I don't wanna change the world... I just want to leave it Colder.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2010, 02:21 AM »
Alright so I've recently had time to get back to doing Tommy's armor. I don't know if its just me but I can't see the previous pics so I'm going to repost links to them. Also posting helmet progress thus far. First two pics are just with it put together wtih tape. I never took pics of when I fiberglassed the inside but I do have progress pics too! =) Enjoy.

Armor: http://madeofmany.webs.com/armor.jpg
Boots: http://madeofmany.webs.com/boots.jpg
Helmet taped: http://madeofmany.webs.com/helmet%20front.jpg
Helmet side: http://madeofmany.webs.com/helmetside.jpg
Helmet Progress: http://madeofmany.webs.com/helmet%20progress.jpeg

Oh since I've taken these pics I've also finished the shins and cod piece. I'll get pics of those up tomorrow.. with more pics of progress. =)

Jagen Ordo

• Chirp-chirp-chirp...KABLOEY!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2010, 12:36 PM »
Goodly, goodly.

Feelings? Look vod, you know who has a lot of feelings? Emo darksiders choking their wives with the Force.
Professionals have standards. Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
« Reply #5 on: Jul 17, 2010, 07:12 PM »
Alright so I've gotten myself into gear and started working again on Tom's armor. Helmet is finished minus paint job. All the hard stuff is done now! Lol. Here's a beginning to finish look back!

Helmet!

I had to cut the left ear cap in half to stretch it long enough to go from top to bottom. Filled it in with Bondo and sanded it smooth. Trimmed the rivet in it to blend and looks like its one solid piece now! =D

You can see in thsi pic the right ear cap looks like one piece. =) I thinks I did well ^^

armor and vest:

The coloring is off because I have a crap camera on my phone. It's black on black but the settings make it look purplish.

Sword:

Nothing to do with Tom's armor but I found this today at a thrift store. Goodies to mod!! =D

Jagen Ordo

• Chirp-chirp-chirp...KABLOEY!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Skittles is the award for the most colourful picture of Mandos. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #6 on: Jul 18, 2010, 06:26 AM »
Nasty weapon.
Helmet looks good, great job.

Feelings? Look vod, you know who has a lot of feelings? Emo darksiders choking their wives with the Force.
Professionals have standards. Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #7 on: Jul 18, 2010, 07:49 AM »
Jen, it's looking great!  That helmet really came out looking nice and the gun looks fierce!

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*
« Reply #8 on: Jul 18, 2010, 06:38 PM »
Got some more helmet updates! There are a few lil smudges and uneven lines in the paint that I'm still going to have to go back and fix but other than that it came out great! The color is a little more burgundy than the pics show.. its not a true red. But ENJOY!

Jazz

« Reply #9 on: Jul 19, 2010, 10:27 PM »
bloody nice

Dar'manda

• Official Membership revoked, see signature.
« Reply #10 on: Jul 19, 2010, 10:35 PM »
your scratch build helmets are always freakin awesome

This member has been permanently removed from the club by Dar'manda for violations of the Mandalorian Mercs By-Laws.
« Reply #11 on: Jul 20, 2010, 12:35 AM »
Hehehe thanks! This one took some work! ( I hate to say it) It's almost better than my first one! Third time will be the charm ;D

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #12 on: Jul 20, 2010, 12:41 AM »
Looking good so far! That helmet is slick!

I see a Dodge Dakota dash!!! (sorry, I own one) ;D :rolleyes:

"And what have we learned?"]
Sorry I'm not around much anymore, life is very busy for me at the moment. . .
M.A.J.I.C. #103
A new WIP will be posted eventually. . .
« Reply #13 on: Jul 20, 2010, 12:51 AM »
Hahah yeah you do!  I love that truck. '93. Learned to drive in that lil beast! xD

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #14 on: Jul 20, 2010, 02:51 AM »
Hahah yeah you do!  I love that truck. '93. Learned to drive in that lil beast! xD

Mine's 1990. I've been restoring mine. and the people before me didn't treat her very good at all.  :'(

Oh well! Hijack over! ;D

M.A.J.I.C. #103
« Reply #15 on: Jul 28, 2010, 02:35 AM »
Got the Girthbelt done. Wanted to share how it looks with the edge covers I put on it. =D

Squirrel

• "TVCP Magnificent 7"
« Reply #16 on: Jul 28, 2010, 06:31 AM »
Got the Girthbelt done. Wanted to share how it looks with the edge covers I put on it. =D

Looks nice!

M.A.J.I.C. #103

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!