Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Custom helmet, approvable?

• 10 Replies

Akakyram

• Armorsmith
Custom helmet, approvable?
« on: Oct 23, 2019, 06:56 PM »
So I had this made for me awhile back, and I was the one who painted it ( practice is needed as it's very apparent). But is the shape correct for the standards needed?

Material: 14 gauge stainless steel

Visor color: cannon boba green

Visor material: grinding face shield

https://photos.app.goo.gl/J9nhTNdQMJetmKiFA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kS3sJ23gQj7JCgy46

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CXhnisGeP3hFWQUeA

I apologise for the rear pictures quality.

Anyways, opinions?

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Custom helmet, approvable?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2019, 11:55 AM »
It's hard to say if it's approvable without seeing pics of it on you, because part of a helmet's approvability is how it fits in proportion to the costumer. 

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2019, 04:30 PM »
It's hard to say if it's approvable without seeing pics of it on you, because part of a helmet's approvability is how it fits in proportion to the costumer.
^^^^This^^^^^

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Akakyram

• Armorsmith
« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2019, 04:53 PM »
Gotcha, does this work?  And will I need other angles? 

I am a pretty slender build, and it feels proportioned perfectly  :boba:.  But idk if it meets your guys specs for such.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/L196rfoVQE2oHtQR9

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2019, 08:51 PM »
You’re going to want earcaps or something that bulls the width of the helmet out as right now it’s pretty slim to what I can see of you.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Akakyram

• Armorsmith
« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2019, 11:38 PM »
Alright, that is doable.  I know a few people who make earcaps separate for such.  However would attaching them via thin neodymium magnets be an approved method?

Also other than that does everything else check out for it being modern?  Or is it more legacy with it's cheek style?

(They are inward like modern style cheeks, but are curved to be more practical and so it kinda also seems even with the rest of the helmet at certain angles).

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Oct 25, 2019, 10:50 AM »
A straight on front shot (With you wearing it, and your shoulder armor, or templates for your planned shoulder armor)  would be really helpful

Akakyram

• Armorsmith
« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2019, 12:42 PM »
Does this work? 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EsvWLA8nKtWkdujK7

(Keep in mind this is a very rough approximation, as the only thing I'll be using with my kit are the shoulder bells and helmet.  The flak vest in photo I accidentally ordered too small, and the shirt under it is just for  easy identification of what's what).

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2019, 01:03 PM »
That helps.  Bow's suggestion to add earcaps to make it wider is an important one.  It's supposed to be about half the width of your armored shoulders, and right now it's pretty close to 1/3rd the width, so you're "Pill-headed" at the moment.

Akakyram

• Armorsmith
« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2019, 01:43 PM »
Ok cool, I'll obtain some earcaps and post when there attached.

Akakyram

• Armorsmith
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 01:56 PM »
I'm thinking i'll turn this thread into a WIP, or should I just make a new one on a different board?  its been a while so I forget where I posted this lol.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!