Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ammo belt and Girth belt Questions

• 2 Replies
Ammo belt and Girth belt Questions
« on: Nov 05, 2019, 06:50 AM »
Hello, I am in the process of building my Modern Kit and would like to ask if this ammo belt would be approved ?

Also if it is, can i wear it without a Girth belt ?

« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2019, 06:54 AM by nvgeorgiev » Logged

Fenris Claddanna

• Chaotic Fun
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Ammo belt and Girth belt Questions
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2019, 11:03 AM »
Keeping in mind that I'm not on the App Team, I doubt that that ammo belt would be approvable as-is. There are multiple component(the holster, the handcuff retainer, the radio holster, and the baton & flashlight pouches all sprint to mind) that are recognizably Earthy in origin. If you want an inexpensive easy route to go, look at Mosin Nagant and Mauser pouches from WWII, M1 cartridge belts, and Vietnam-era ALICE gear. As long as there's no markings, a lot of those are readily approvable. My first kit was approved with an M1 cartridge belt, in fact. Both of my Ruus'alore have Mosin Nagant pouches on their kits, and ALICE gear was seen quite a bit in the movies.

Mosin Nagant pouches tend to go for about $9 USD on Amazon, Mauser pouches tend to be a bit more, and the M1 belts average around $20 USD. ALICE pouches vary in price depending on supplier.

Also, keep in mind that there is no rule that says you must have a belt completely filled with pouches. If it fits with the kit aesthetic, you can do a belt with just a couple of pouches.

As far as your question about wearing without a girth belt; the short answer is no. As per the CRLs, you are required to have two of the following: ammo belt, waist sash/girth belt, holster belt. What you have linked would most likely be counted as a singular item. They CRLs also say : A Girth Belt/Waist Sash MAY be a required addition depending on the need for coverage in the waist/girth area. So even with doing a separate ammo belt and holster belt, you may still need a waist sash/girth belt. They're not that hard to make, and there are a variety of styles you can do. Mine is just a simple rectangle of fabric wrapped around my middle. Others use the horse bridle like Jango and Boba used in the movies.

Oyacyir mav, ash'amur pirusti

OM#1624
Kyrimorut#021:KMB# 32:B.E.A.R.D.S#128:W.B. #08:MTS#082:M.M.R.S#017
Re: Ammo belt and Girth belt Questions
« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2019, 02:30 AM »
Keeping in mind that I'm not on the App Team, I doubt that that ammo belt would be approvable as-is. There are multiple component(the holster, the handcuff retainer, the radio holster, and the baton & flashlight pouches all sprint to mind) that are recognizably Earthy in origin. If you want an inexpensive easy route to go, look at Mosin Nagant and Mauser pouches from WWII, M1 cartridge belts, and Vietnam-era ALICE gear. As long as there's no markings, a lot of those are readily approvable. My first kit was approved with an M1 cartridge belt, in fact. Both of my Ruus'alore have Mosin Nagant pouches on their kits, and ALICE gear was seen quite a bit in the movies.

Mosin Nagant pouches tend to go for about $9 USD on Amazon, Mauser pouches tend to be a bit more, and the M1 belts average around $20 USD. ALICE pouches vary in price depending on supplier.

Also, keep in mind that there is no rule that says you must have a belt completely filled with pouches. If it fits with the kit aesthetic, you can do a belt with just a couple of pouches.

As far as your question about wearing without a girth belt; the short answer is no. As per the CRLs, you are required to have two of the following: ammo belt, waist sash/girth belt, holster belt. What you have linked would most likely be counted as a singular item. They CRLs also say : A Girth Belt/Waist Sash MAY be a required addition depending on the need for coverage in the waist/girth area. So even with doing a separate ammo belt and holster belt, you may still need a waist sash/girth belt. They're not that hard to make, and there are a variety of styles you can do. Mine is just a simple rectangle of fabric wrapped around my middle. Others use the horse bridle like Jango and Boba used in the movies.

Thanks a lot for the detailed information :) I just remembered i own an Obi-Belt for kimonos so i think it will make for a nice Girth belt.

Thanks again and have an awesome day !

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!