Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Hope these boots will work...

• 10 Replies

Corbin Das

• Keeper of the Killer Penny
Hope these boots will work...
« on: Nov 09, 2019, 10:40 PM »
Greetings!!

I picked up a pair of Icon Prep 1000 motorcycle boots today, in the hope they could be made into serviceable Mando boots. I'll definitely have the logo on the shin either removed or covered, but I wasn't sure if I also needed to remove or cover the lettering on the side buckle. One other thing I wasn't sure about was if the leather flap/strap on the upper back of these adequately covered the zipper pull. Does the actual closed zipper on the back need covering too?

Thanks

« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2019, 11:09 PM by Corbin Das » Logged

Wolfin Sylvermane

• We are only Immortal for a limited time.
Re: Hope these boots will work...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2019, 06:43 AM »
Nice Boots!
The side buckles will need to have the words sanded off, filled in, or covered.
The back zipper, right now needs to be covered, because its on the rear of the boot.  However, the light at the end of the tunnel, the CRL upgrades that are being worked on will allow for these rear zippers. 
With your planned mods and these additions you should be good.

Werde

« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2019, 07:49 AM »
I have a pair of Icon Elsinore boots. To cover the logo on the front, I cut out a piece of leather in the same size and just glued it on top. You can always use an armor plate too. Ultimately I don't wear my pair that much now because they are not really meant for walking long distances (but are great for motorcycles). They are great boots though and have a great aesthetic.

Corbin Das

« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2019, 07:54 PM »
I MAY try putting some type jets on the back of the boots, kinda like Cad Bane. I don't remember who made these, but they'd definitely do it. Granted, I'd want to do my own version.

Wolfin Sylvermane

« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2019, 06:16 PM »
That will most definitely work!  :like:

Zaroc

• "Everything you heard about me is true."
  • Awards Special Weapons Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2019, 08:17 PM »
I MAY try putting some type jets on the back of the boots, kinda like Cad Bane. I don't remember who made these, but they'd definitely do it. Granted, I'd want to do my own version.

It's Searsha, the Orar Galaar Alor'ad, who made these ^^ If you want advices for boots, you have a name now!

PWS #009 - New Death Watch Order #43 - O.O.P.S. ! #49
Brigade approved as Privateer/Gunslinger

Corbin Das

« Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2019, 12:16 AM »
It's Searsha, the Orar Galaar Alor'ad, who made these ^^ If you want advices for boots, you have a name now!

Thanks

Those rockets are really cool. As I said, If I'm going to do something like those, I'll definitely want to have them be my own style. Inspired by, I don't mind..... but I gotta do my own thing. LOL

Nika

• Nov: Weather blasters, trace armor temp. on sintra
« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2019, 12:25 AM »
Would scratching out/sanding away the logo on the front work? Then maybe put some kind of brown leathery paint on top of sanded part?

Instagram: @Darvani.Nika

Corbin Das

« Reply #8 on: Nov 12, 2019, 01:28 AM »
Would scratching out/sanding away the logo on the front work? Then maybe put some kind of brown leathery paint on top of sanded part?

Probably. I figured I'd add something over it though. We'll see.

Wolfin Sylvermane

« Reply #9 on: Nov 12, 2019, 08:34 PM »

With leather it's easier to cover.  The logo's are not ink you can sand off, It's stamped into the leather itself.  Sanding it would just mess up the leather.

Corbin Das

« Reply #10 on: Nov 12, 2019, 09:35 PM »
With leather it's easier to cover.  The logo's are not ink you can sand off, It's stamped into the leather itself.  Sanding it would just mess up the leather.

Very true. The "ICON" logo is pretty raised.

UPDATE: I'm experimenting with plates to cover the back of the boots. Not sure if I'll want leather or aluminum, but here's what leather looks like:

I realize the bottom of the zipper is still visible.  Not sure if I should have a small strip of leather or a heel cap maybe?

« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2019, 11:06 PM by Corbin Das » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!