Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Gloves

• 5 Replies

Newbsters

• They call me... Minibar
Gloves
« on: Dec 05, 2019, 12:03 PM »
Was gunna upgrade my gloves soon to this pair.

However the index finger has a brand stamped onto it. Any suggestions on how to remove or hide this? Cutting the whole finger off is a last resort because Iím trying to stick with full sealed gloves.

OM#: 2235
Clan: Geítal Vheh
Position: Retired
Invasions: 29
"Iím just here for the violenceĒ

Fenrir Kyramud

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
Re: Gloves
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2019, 09:30 PM »
This is a tough one. Not sure how viable removing the embossed portion or pulling the embossing out, would be. You could try to cover with a piece of light weight, garment leather or vinyl. Should only need contact cement to do the trick.

Cat# 1196
Iron Fang: #8
B.O.M.B.: #48.
V.O.T.S.: #43
Dog Lobster Supporter #46
G.O.M.O.L. #5

3ddyb

• Omax Rak
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2019, 11:32 AM »
When I was paintballing I would cut the index fingers off my gloves to make it easier to pull the trigger...

Unless you want a sealed suit, in which case maybe you could sand it off somehow?

"An artist by nature,  a monster by necessity..."

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2019, 11:51 AM »
Marksmen often do remove the index finger of gloves so they can feel the trigger better.  The trigger feel allows a more consistent pull, and at range, that means hitting the target.  If you were aiming for a marksman/sniper style build, you could remove the finger and replace it with a thinner glove finger to keep the seal but increase perceived tactility.  If you were going more toward the melee side, you could add plates for armored gloves.

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2019, 01:43 AM »
You could fill it in with foam clay and them smooth it out and color match it to the color of the gloves.

https://www.amazon.com/Cosplay-Pros-Moldable-White-10-58/dp/B07TS9R5GJ/ref=pd_cp_201_4/130-1031187-4059109?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07TS9R5GJ&pd_rd_r=0693ff4c-c537-4bc5-a752-f8b672df8699&pd_rd_w=UBmQ1&pd_rd_wg=zLqZg&pf_rd_p=0e5324e1-c848-4872-bbd5-5be6baedf80e&pf_rd_r=NGV8FR676Y0PCWD7WTSW&psc=1&refRID=NGV8FR676Y0PCWD7WTSW

Or if they are real leather you could use this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Leather-Vinyl-Repair-Paste-Filler-Cream-Putty-for-Holes-Scratches-Burns-15ml-/180891437794

I would really recommend against the foam clay route, personally. It does not flex very well. The filler route might work, I've never used it personally, but I really like the idea of cutting it off like Rob recommended or finding a way to just cover it with a piece of armor, or even cutting another piece of leather to shape and sewing/cementing it on top.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!