Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mandalorian TV Helmet

• 9 Replies
Mandalorian TV Helmet
« on: Nov 26, 2019, 03:26 PM »
Hey everyone. I am interested in using the design from the new series for my own helmet, but I wanted to make sure that it is an approved design before going any further. Thanks, guys!

We are what we do. Actions are the signatures of our impact on the world.

hereticdave

• Se'nizi Jasra
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Mandalorian TV Helmet
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2019, 03:43 PM »
As far as I'm aware it meets the crl's, the important thing will be sizing I think.

OM# 1621
"Gar taldin ni jaonyc gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la."
"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be."
Vok'Chi Thread
Helmet WIP
Soft Parts WIP
Armour WIP
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2019, 09:30 PM »
As far as I'm aware it meets the crl's, the important thing will be sizing I think.
I've been seeing posts from the approval team saying they aren't sure if its approvable and that they're waiting for an official word on it.

I'm just confused on how it could not be approved, but I'm not an expert on the matter.

Druj Jes

• Heavy Weapons,Heavy Assault,Hazardous Environment
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Shock Infantry Brigade Member EnviroOps
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2019, 02:36 AM »
None of the helmets from the Mandalorian show have been approved yet for use on a  custom kit at this point.  They are working on new CRLs for all the new content that we are seeing.  They just need time to pull everything together and they are probably waiting until the end of season 1 to make anything official as "Mando's" kit has changed in every episode so far.  Everything that I have been seeing is recommending that we just wait a little bit longer for the final ruling.

Druj Jes - M.M.C.C. #2302 - B.O.M.B. #105 - M.V.S. #105

« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2019, 01:11 PM »
Thanks guys! I think I'm going to wait for official word then, because I would love to base my build off the new mando armor, or even better the heavy assault guy from episode 3.

We are what we do. Actions are the signatures of our impact on the world.

Dr.Pockets

• Pockets by name, Pockets by reputation
« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2019, 01:24 PM »
Thanks guys! I think I'm going to wait for official word then, because I would love to base my build off the new mando armor, or even better the heavy assault guy from episode 3.
Ooh I would LOVE to see that

⛑️🎒
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2019, 11:20 AM »
Yeah-he was amazing!

Same here in terms of looking to use the Mandalorian as the basis for my build.  So many different options!

This is the way.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2019, 02:24 PM »
I also noticed some differences in the latest episode (5).  His cheeks were noticeably round.  I was all ready to cut mine out to make flat.  His middle ridge is pretty awesome.  Would allow for some nice custom paint options.  But yeah I’d wait on mimicking it.  Especially since now there are inconsistencies. Which I don’t blame them (show) for.

Dargas

• "Ijaa, Kote, Aliit, Yaim bal Tal, KOTE mando'ade"
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2019, 04:19 PM »
I am also very interested in how the "single piece" torso armor plates is now addressed in custom mandos. as the mandalorians in the show sport segmented armor plates that stay together as a single big piece sometimes separated from the abdomen and in some others (Like Mando Himself) as a single chest plate with the separation in the plates just to simulate independent plates.

Grimstuff

• Ayyy
« Reply #9 on: Dec 18, 2019, 01:26 AM »
I believe it's just the CRLs to apply as The Mandalorian character specifically that are still up in the air, but for using it's design as a basis for your own custom Mando it's well within the generic CRLs. Afterall there's custom designed buckets that vary much more widely from the Modern Era Fett reference than it. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!