Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Another boot question

• 6 Replies
Another boot question
« on: Nov 26, 2019, 06:30 PM »
Would Doc Martens boots be too recognizable to wear? I plan for boot armor.

Bajrx2

• Juntah Zaan
Re: Another boot question
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2019, 10:19 PM »
You would definitely have to cover up the laces and anything woth a doc Martin logo on them but other than that I would imagine they’re fine

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2019, 01:42 PM »
We aren't concerned about the shape of the boots being recognizable.  There's only so much you can do with a general foot like shape, so all the various shapes of footwear that exist on earth probably also exist in the Star Wars universe.  The identifying logos and other brand representations, on the other hand, would be different, so you have to remove or cover logos.  Also, laces on footwear are practically unseen in Star Wars (though laces do exist on other garments), so you have to cover the laces with spats or armor.

PorkRoll

• try to avoid a mandon't
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2019, 01:57 PM »
would the yellow stitching around the sole need to be blacked?  i'm a n00b here but that's kind of the de facto doc marten identifier.  i'm also looking at some doc's for boots.

« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2019, 03:24 PM »
I hope not. The yellow is going to be part of my armor color.

« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2019, 03:44 PM »
Doc Martens has Chelsea boots, which are pretty close to what Boba wore. No laces to worry about, and no obnoxious logos. Just a thought. Still has the yellow stitching. Model number is 2976 I believe.

~ Just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe ~

SW:ToR: Prophecy of the Five Server

PorkRoll

• try to avoid a mandon't
« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2019, 02:52 PM »
Yes the 2976 are chelseas. I was looking at the penly ones and hope to get a pair after the holidays.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!