Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Kurshi's Protector WIP

• 81 Replies

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
Re: Kurshi's Protector WIP
« Reply #25 on: Nov 06, 2020, 05:50 AM »
I've got a spare resin pulce 40 spear gun of your interested!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #26 on: Nov 06, 2020, 11:28 AM »
I've got a spare resin pulce 40 spear gun of your interested!

Booooooooo. No DE-10..... too over used lol.

I also have a resin cast of the 1313 mentor blaster if you want to go a more custom looking route ;) It's by no means a perfect cast though lol

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #27 on: Nov 13, 2020, 12:21 AM »
I've been thinking about helmets here this week. I've got two spare "Kick the Bucket" helmets from Drako Katora that I haven't touched but I'm not sure if they'd pass here. An example of a finished helmet is as follows:

My kit has a rangefinder and normal ear caps, but these just have a different "feel" that I can't put my finger on.

I'm wondering about Black Series Helmets, too. Particularly the proto Fett has me interested. It apparently already has some textured "damage" where the paint would be peeling but it's just the white, standard Proto Fett. I was thinking that it might have some neat depth to paint my colors over and have my own weathering.

Anyone have any experience with these helmets? How are they scale-wise for someone who's 6'2"? Seeing some available for around $100, is it worth it to try one of these vs a little more for a cast bucket? I have never worn a cast, so I don't have much experience there.

I'm not opposed to defaulting back to the Rubies Boba 3 piece. That's what I have now for my red kit and I do really like it. I'm just considering all the options as I resume inching my way through this.

MMCC #1484¦¦64 Career Invasions¦¦Rancor Clan
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #28 on: Nov 13, 2020, 11:19 AM »
I've been thinking about helmets here this week. I've got two spare "Kick the Bucket" helmets from Drako Katora that I haven't touched but I'm not sure if they'd pass here. An example of a finished helmet is as follows:

My kit has a rangefinder and normal ear caps, but these just have a different "feel" that I can't put my finger on.

I'm wondering about Black Series Helmets, too. Particularly the proto Fett has me interested. It apparently already has some textured "damage" where the paint would be peeling but it's just the white, standard Proto Fett. I was thinking that it might have some neat depth to paint my colors over and have my own weathering.

Anyone have any experience with these helmets? How are they scale-wise for someone who's 6'2"? Seeing some available for around $100, is it worth it to try one of these vs a little more for a cast bucket? I have never worn a cast, so I don't have much experience there.

I'm not opposed to defaulting back to the Rubies Boba 3 piece. That's what I have now for my red kit and I do really like it. I'm just considering all the options as I resume inching my way through this.

Honesty the "kick the bucket" helmet looks fine to me and appears to fit your build perfect. Toss that on with your flak vest and armor on though too to see if it still looks ok. As long as your have ear caps and range finger for that bucket you should be fine.

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Kurshi BeJahaal

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #29 on: Nov 13, 2020, 01:01 PM »
Honesty the "kick the bucket" helmet looks fine to me and appears to fit your build perfect. Toss that on with your flak vest and armor on though too to see if it still looks ok. As long as your have ear caps and range finger for that bucket you should be fine.

See, the thing is, I haven't put the Bucket together yet. It's still in 3 pieces. Haha. But I plan on putting it together, if nothing else, as a table prop to show a budget option for buckets. When I get it together, I'll do that!

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #30 on: Nov 13, 2020, 01:06 PM »
That kick the bucket helmet looks good. I trust it's got Fett style ear caps and keyslots, rf, etc...

Target 3 piece is also a solid option.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #31 on: Nov 13, 2020, 02:48 PM »
I don't think it has any keyslots, actually. Hmm...
I think I'll see if I can have someone print one and I'll slap it in if I go this route.

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #32 on: Nov 27, 2020, 05:08 PM »
So a little update. These were waiting for me when I got home from work today. The Pulce just needs a little tweaking and cleanup before paint. And then check out that buckle I'll throw on my jetpack harness.   :8):

Rayne

• Dralshy’a Tome (Stronger Together)
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Brigades Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #33 on: Nov 27, 2020, 06:11 PM »
Yay! Very nice!

Tra'cor Clan // MMCC#1968
Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #34 on: Dec 03, 2020, 11:31 PM »
Steadily working to source more parts for this build. Bryn Cin'Prudii has come up with a design for Jodo Kast's right gauntlet based off of the concept art from Brian Matyas at Lucasfilm. It's a pretty cool design but I want to make sure that it'll fit with what our BRLs call for.

Concept art:

He has not come up with one for the left yet, but I was wondering of I could steal some inspiration from Boba Fett: Twin Engines of Destruction. He and Kast both have very similar gauntlets is most frames.

Fett:

Kast:

I didn't figure there would be much issue with this left gauntlet but more curious on the right. Does it stray too much from the aesthetics that were shooting for?

Jaster Fett

• All men are cremated equally
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Boba and Jango Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #35 on: Dec 04, 2020, 12:51 AM »
Steadily working to source more parts for this build. Bryn Cin'Prudii has come up with a design for Jodo Kast's right gauntlet based off of the concept art from Brian Matyas at Lucasfilm. It's a pretty cool design but I want to make sure that it'll fit with what our BRLs call for.

Concept art:

He has not come up with one for the left yet, but I was wondering of I could steal some inspiration from Boba Fett: Twin Engines of Destruction. He and Kast both have very similar gauntlets is most frames.

Fett:

Kast:

I didn't figure there would be much issue with this left gauntlet but more curious on the right. Does it stray too much from the aesthetics that were shooting for?

Based on my interpretation of the BRLs, your right gauntlet design should be fine. It seems to have enough of the right aesthetic

Mi'ix

« Reply #36 on: Dec 04, 2020, 09:11 AM »
I do not have an issue with this.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #37 on: Dec 04, 2020, 11:56 AM »
Love everything but that T-visor design but yeah, those gauntlets are perfectly fine!

« Reply #38 on: Dec 04, 2020, 02:42 PM »
Like how the concept art is looking but I think it be better with a full T-visor

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #39 on: Dec 04, 2020, 03:38 PM »
Thanks everyone!

Oh yeah. I don't plan on taking any inspiration from the visor/bucket, just the gauntlets. I thought it might be cool to have something a bit different than the standard Fett/Bralor ones, even though I really do love them.

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #40 on: Dec 07, 2020, 09:16 PM »
Welp.

This was gonna be a budget build, but OCD isn't gonna let that happen. I picked up a pair of Bobamaker gloves today from TDH, so I'm expecting those to be in within a week.

They may be a touch small, but we'll see how they fit when they come in.

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #41 on: Dec 07, 2020, 10:01 PM »
Welp.

This was gonna be a budget build, but OCD isn't gonna let that happen. I picked up a pair of Bobamaker gloves today from TDH, so I'm expecting those to be in within a week.

They may be a touch small, but we'll see how they fit when they come in.

Oh snap!! That reminds me, I still need to look for those patches for you. I keep forgetting  :laugh: They would love even better on those gloves

Mi'ix

« Reply #42 on: Dec 08, 2020, 07:02 AM »
Oh, very nice.

Lovely pickup!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #43 on: Dec 10, 2020, 08:58 PM »
So earlier this year I picked up a pair of shoes for this build from wish. They actually seem pretty sturdy and should work with some dying or staining.

However, I forgot that I had these boots on my Amazon wish list and my wife gave them to me for the first night of Hanukkah.

They're a touch big but are nice and sturdy and seem like they'd hold up great.

My question to you all: which ones should I keep for this build? We can do a return to Amazon with no trouble, because t I think I'm stuck with the wish ones. I wouldn't see there being a problem reselling them though. So I'm good to do whichever.

Update:
I put them both on with my flight suit just to see how they looked.

I need to have some tailoring done in the crotch area. It's pretty baggy and could come up another two or three inches.

« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2020, 10:26 PM by Kurshi BeJahaal » Logged

Rayne

• Dralshy’a Tome (Stronger Together)
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Brigades Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #44 on: Dec 11, 2020, 08:30 AM »
I think you could go either way and it’d look good. The darker ones don’t require more work and the tread on the bottom looks a little nicer. Just a thought  :maul: 

I agree on your flightsuit, a little tailoring and you’ll be good to go!

Looking really good!

Tra'cor Clan // MMCC#1968
Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #45 on: Dec 11, 2020, 09:29 AM »
Hmmmmm.... I would say it's hard to say which boots to keep because it would depend on how everything looks all together. That being said, the brown ones will probably hold up a lot better whole trooping - I have a feeling the light colored boots will start to fall apart relatively quickly and might require another pair sooner.

Mi'ix

« Reply #46 on: Dec 11, 2020, 09:52 AM »
I swap out my Fett boots on rougher troops or when I can't get to them.  I generally like the look of the brown as it goes nicely with the brown leather belt. 

Not a great picture, but it's the best I got.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #47 on: Dec 11, 2020, 10:34 AM »
Good deal! Thanks all!

My wife was really disappointed to hear that I already had some shoes. But I think she'll be glad to be able to swap them out for a smaller size and know that I can use them still.  :)

Kurshi BeJahaal

« Reply #48 on: Dec 17, 2020, 12:15 AM »
Little update! My Bobamaker gloves came in! And despite being a large, they're a bit small for me. They'll work, but I sort of have "webbed" fingers a little bit. My patches arrived from Fenn too, so we're all set there.

As I'm returning my boots for a smaller size, I noticed they have gray ones available. I know Mi'ix and everyone else said the brown boots would work better vs the other shoe, but how do you guys feel about the gray version?

I kinda like them, but if brown would work best, I'll stick to the color I had previously ordered.

Mi'ix

« Reply #49 on: Dec 17, 2020, 08:45 AM »
Gray works too!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!