Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Katís Executioner WIP

• 46 Replies
Re: Katís Executioner WIP
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2021, 03:18 PM »
Update!
It was nice weather out, so I could work outside on things.
Todayís project was getting all of the varying shades of brown leather to be closer to he same while also making sure it was applied in such a way that any unevenness can be incorporated in to weathering.
So I hauled the dress form outside

Covered it with a plastic bag to protect it

Then put my vest on it

This way I could make sure that I was getting all of the side and edge bits that might be visible evenly and not worrying about places that werenít seen.  Plus, this way I wouldnít have weird Ďlinesí where the edges were if I laid it flat on the ground.
Then I pulled out my airbrush and the leather dyes

I used the chocolate color to apply a nice coat on all of the not-darkest-brown bits to even it out.

I pulled the vest off and laid it out to dry (yay new clothes line) and put the cloak on the dress for and repeated
Before

After

Iím letting that dry completely before I put the plates onto the vest and then put everything onto the dress form and start weathering it all at once.  I plan to do all the weathering at once so that I can make sure to keep it all even.

Falke

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
Re: Katís Executioner WIP
« Reply #46 on: Jun 08, 2021, 06:15 AM »
Very nice work!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!