Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Racing suit for undersuit?

• 3 Replies
Racing suit for undersuit?
« on: Nov 29, 2019, 04:21 PM »
Is this racing suit an acceptable form of undersuit?

Fenrir Kyramud

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
Re: Racing suit for undersuit?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2019, 09:35 PM »
Per the CRL's: "The flight suit must be a solid color. No printed fabric may be used as part of a flight suit."

It would probably be incredibly hot in a race suit, as well.

Cat# 1196
Iron Fang: #8
B.O.M.B.: #48.
V.O.T.S.: #43
Dog Lobster Supporter #46
G.O.M.O.L. #5

Kurz

« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2019, 04:00 AM »
Per the CRL's: "The flight suit must be a solid color. No printed fabric may be used as part of a flight suit."
Yeah, but if i got the CRL's right, that means no off the shelf camo or odd designs. Having different colors in the fight suit (if solid, a la Sabine Wren) should be perfectly fine. The only issue I see with this suit are the logos on the shoulders, but that's an easy fix. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You actually want to think about the hot issue though.

OM #2524
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #133
Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion) #31
M.V.S. #89
L.O.B. #66

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2019, 11:42 AM »
Having more than one solid color is okay.  The logos will have to be removed or covered, but that shouldn't be a problem as they'll likely be covered by the flak vest.  Racing suits are also designed to breathe, since it gets pretty hot during a race.  Beyond that, the original flightsuits in the SW movies were racing suits, so you've got an element of precedent there. :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!