Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Flightsuit from Scrubs

• 4 Replies
Flightsuit from Scrubs
« on: Dec 27, 2019, 02:15 PM »

Hello there!

Scrubs recently arrived and I threw them on to test how they fit. They're obviously baggy, but I would greatly appreciated some pointers on how much to tailor down.

Here's a short list of my alteration plans so far:
- Remove brand name from shirt and pants
- Remove pockets from shirt (and possibly pants)
- Remove short sleeves from shirt and add long sleeves using extra pair of pants

Irys

Re: Flightsuit from Scrubs
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2019, 09:41 AM »
Nice color!

I'm doing the same thing you are. I just took the pockets off my scrub shirt this week.

In hindsight, I'd have left the pockets on the shirt until the very end of the kit build since the shirt's going to get tucked in and the vest/waist items might be enough to hide any exposed shirt pocket.

Because of how the pockets are constructed, you'll need to deconstruct part of the hem and side seams to get it off, then stitch it back together (and finish the side seams, because they are probably serged, which means raw edges to zig zag stitch or something). If the vest/waist items hide the pockets, that would save some time. :P

« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2019, 12:40 PM »
I also used scrubs.  I cape can hide a lot of the bagginess as can tucking the shirt into the pants.

I just used a long sleeve turtle neck under the scrub top with my vest on top. No need to add the long sleeve pants.

Cabur Akaata Member #178; Oribru Akaata #46; Grey Brigade/OT Guard #73; (Veteran/ Fire/ EMS/ Old Guy)

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2019, 07:44 PM »
In addition to whatís been mentioned, Iíd turn both the shirt and pants inside out and have some one pin both to be more form fitting. Once itís pinned to the desired fit, carefully take them off and sew up both sides :)

« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2019, 07:59 PM »
In addition to whatís been mentioned, Iíd turn both the shirt and pants inside out and have some one pin both to be more form fitting. Once itís pinned to the desired fit, carefully take them off and sew up both sides :)
What she said :)

Just make sure you can still move around after you've been pinned in - or if you're afraid of getting stabbed in the process, baste the suit along the pinned lines and then test it out. Keep in mind all the sweet mando photos you'll want to take once you're OM - it would suck not to be able to crouch  ;)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!