Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Would this shirt work?

• 2 Replies

General Anubis

• An'u Biss
Would this shirt work?
« on: Dec 13, 2019, 03:25 PM »
Hello ner vode,

Looking to achieve the "three-layer" look that most of the canon Mandos seem to sport, where they have a tighter fitting long sleeve underneath a short sleeve flight suit, with a flak vest on top of all of it. [See reference picture below]:

I've got my flak vest and flight suit, but I'm considering cutting the sleeve short on the flight suit and putting something like this underneath: www.amazon.com/SINAIRSOFT-Tactical-Military-Combat-Sleeve/dp/B07QG6GD25

My questions for this are:
- Are the super cool sleeve pockets OK? (if they aren't covered by gaunts, which they might be)
- Would I die in the Texas heat wearing this? (Lol)

Re: Would this shirt work?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2019, 08:59 PM »
While I can't speak to whether or not this can be approved for kit, you won't die of heat stroke while wearing one.  I don't have any experience with the civilian version, but the military issue ones were designed to be worn under actual body armor in the middle east.  If it's wick-away material it should be nice and comfortable.

General Anubis

• An'u Biss
Re: Would this shirt work?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2019, 12:02 AM »
While I can't speak to whether or not this can be approved for kit, you won't die of heat stroke while wearing one.  I don't have any experience with the civilian version, but the military issue ones were designed to be worn under actual body armor in the middle east.  If it's wick-away material it should be nice and comfortable.
Thanks that's what I was hoping!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!