Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Flight suit WIP in Seattle

• 0 Replies
Flight suit WIP in Seattle
« on: Dec 15, 2019, 05:02 PM »
My daughter and I are working on her flight suit.  We managed to thrift a pretty sweet Summer-weight flight suit to work off of.
We've got a lot of editing to do and I'd really appreciate any insight as this is our first attempt at Mando gear.
She likes the olive drab but I'm trying to convince her that we should dye it a little to make it less recognizable.  She's still undecided on the second sleeve color.

Are we off-the-mark with the plans described below?

Thanks!

Full view: Overall fit is good but I believe that the arms and legs will need to be tapered a bit to prevent bunching under bracers and grieves.

Chest Details:  Not certain which direction to take the collar yet.

Hip Details:  We suspect that the lower part of this zipper will be hidden by cod or tabbard?  Can we leave the velcro, as it should be covered by waist and belt?  Do these thigh pockets need to be removed or can they be hidden and kept?

Thigh Details:  So many pockets to remove!

Lower Leg Details:  Planning to remove the zipper panels and peg the legs.  Maybe stitch elastic banding inside to collect bulk?

Upper Arm Details: Whole pocket is coming off unless someone can suggest a way to convert it?  It should be completely covered by the second sleeve, but might be too bulky.

Back Details:  This seems like a lot of bulk in the back and legs.  The sleeves are also very loose and we'll be tapering those too.  Should the back be tightened up?

« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2019, 05:08 PM by Shaughnn » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!