Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Kit WIP

• 9 Replies

Ciar’dha

• Family is more than blood.
First Kit WIP
« on: Feb 08, 2020, 06:03 PM »
I’m using scrubs for the flight suit, paracord for my girth belt.  I have a cape, gloves & a couple weapons that will be weathered.  I came across some duck cloth the same color as my girth belt & thought about making gaiters out of them.  My boots are calf  height.  I have attached a couple of pics trying to determine if this would be a good idea & if so, how high should they be.  I have some 3mm Sintra (that will be used as test pieces for painting), but I have ordered 6mm Sintra armor that will be on my final Kit.  After several attempts with the flak vest, I went ahead and ordered one for my sanity.  The gauntlets I have are a little too big for my wrists, but my husband has been eyeing them & kicking around joining up as he is really getting into helping me out. 

Any suggestions on the gaiters?  I did attach a drawing of what I’m going for (although the navy blue I want looks more TARDIS is blue lol).

Leira

Re: First Kit WIP
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2020, 10:55 PM »
Idk about anyone else but on my end there's no pics

I'm an amateur with advanced tools and intermediate ideas!

Stainless Steel armor WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=182907.0

Ciar’dha

« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2020, 12:35 AM »
Sorry about that, thought I had them uploaded.  I will be weathering the gloves.

Rhue_Shofytt

• Diet Sprite
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2020, 01:59 AM »
I don't have much in the way of helpful advice but wow, that is such a beautiful color!  :<3:

Per aspera, ad astra

Ciar’dha

« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2020, 04:34 PM »
Thanks!  My girth belt is the same color.  I started that first & came across the duck cloth.  Needless to say, I bought a lot of it as my sewing skills are a tad rusty. 

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2020, 05:46 PM »
I really like that teal, very pretty!

Ciar’dha

« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2020, 10:53 AM »
I stopped by a military surplus store & picked up a few pouches & a tactical belt.  I plan on using the belt & holsters as kind of a template for leather belt/holsters since I think it’s too “earthy” looking.  Would the pouches work?  I really appreciate the feedback.  I know I need to pick up some leather dye.  If they are acceptable, I put aside what I don’t use for a future Kit.

Sabine

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018
« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2020, 10:05 AM »
The leather pouches will absolutely work. We're big fans of (leather) military surplus in Star Wars. All the nylon tac gear will have to be used as templates for leather or heavily modified, per the new CRLs, so it sounds like you've got a good plan to start.

Sabine Wren S2

Tra'cor Clan || MMCC#1593 || M5#71 || NOS#9 || 61 OM Invasions

Ciar’dha

« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2020, 06:30 PM »
I was sent photos of work being done on my helmet.  Does anyone have a recommendation on a decent 3D printer?  I see that many are utilizing them, and since I’m not overly confident in what I’m doing, I think it would be helpful. 

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #9 on: Mar 10, 2020, 12:50 AM »
Wow! You’ve got some great progress going on here 🙂 your gaiters look a little loose at the ankles, but that’s easy to fix,  and your girth belt looks wonderful!

If you’re thinking of getting a 3D printer, I call it a completely different hobby- just because it’s a different set of skills, and it can be tricky, and has a steep learning curve 🙂

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!