Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Aryiea's Soft Parts WIP (Pic heavy)

• 31 Replies
Re: Aryiea's Soft Parts WIP (Pic heavy)
« Reply #25 on: Jan 31, 2020, 07:49 AM »
Got a different pair of gloves

I think these will work a little better. Leather gloves from leather mystics. I'm going to sew thermal thread at the fingertips to make them texting gloves if I can.

Talon Ven'ad

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2018 Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #26 on: Feb 02, 2020, 04:21 AM »
This is some solid work. Keep it up.

MMCC OM#1914
Beasthunter-Beastmaster Brigades
Ruus'alor Sol'yc
Mandalorian Mercs Builders Group Administrator

"Every man should lose a battle in his youth, so he does not lose a war when he is old."

« Reply #27 on: Feb 18, 2020, 08:03 AM »
Update:

Added velcro to the vest for chest and back armor, added grommets and got paracord to have lace up sides instead of the velcro/snap ordeal I had before, painted grommets with oil based paint marker (idk if this will work but I'll find out). I'll be trying it on tonight to see how the plates fit.  :)

This is some solid work. Keep it up.

Thanks!

Avior Braisa

• Bobble-Fett
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #28 on: Mar 07, 2020, 10:50 PM »
Beautiful work! My one question is whether the cape thingy on the front will interfere with plate placement or not? I really hope not because this is looking really nice!

« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2020, 04:29 AM by Avior Braisa » Logged
Aiwha Riders Clan
OM #2296 A & B
T.P.S. #7
O.O.P.S. #67
M.A.J.I.C. #186
Q.M.U. #92 <-Hey, it rhymes!
House Nelvaan Armored Squirrel #10
« Reply #29 on: Mar 10, 2020, 02:47 PM »
Beautiful work! My one question is whether the cape thingy on the front will interfere with plate placement or not? I really hope not because this is looking really nice!

Thank you!

I don't see why it would, since it's just going to lay over top of the collar plates, not underneath them. I don't see any rules in the CRLs against having soft parts going over top of plates except that waist items can't touch ab plate, but people have bandoliers and stuff and the cape can go over my back plate so I don't see why it wouldn't be able to go over my collar plates unless there's some rule I am missing?  :)

Avior Braisa

• Bobble-Fett
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #30 on: Mar 10, 2020, 03:49 PM »
Thank you!

I don't see why it would, since it's just going to lay over top of the collar plates, not underneath them. I don't see any rules in the CRLs against having soft parts going over top of plates except that waist items can't touch ab plate, but people have bandoliers and stuff and the cape can go over my back plate so I don't see why it wouldn't be able to go over my collar plates unless there's some rule I am missing?  :)
Ah, sorry! I looked at your armor WIP just now. I was under the assumption you were going to put it underneath the neck plate. (Tired brain I guess  ;D) What you've said sounds perfectly fine. I look forward to seeing more!

Aiwha Riders Clan
OM #2296 A & B
T.P.S. #7
O.O.P.S. #67
M.A.J.I.C. #186
Q.M.U. #92 <-Hey, it rhymes!
House Nelvaan Armored Squirrel #10
« Reply #31 on: Mar 10, 2020, 03:54 PM »
Ah, sorry! I looked at your armor WIP just now. I was under the assumption you were going to put it underneath the neck plate. (Tired brain I guess  ;D) What you've said sounds perfectly fine. I look forward to seeing more!

Ohhh gotcha gotcha  ;D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!