Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Acceptable flight suit? Also vest recommendations

• 5 Replies
Acceptable flight suit? Also vest recommendations
« on: Dec 31, 2019, 04:54 PM »
OK, getting off and running, wanted to see if the black top + bottom set here would be acceptable as a flight suit?

https://www.amazon.com/Womens-Thermal-Underwear-Fleece-Thermals/dp/B0812QZ31P/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=women%2Bunderwear%2Bset%2Btop%2Band%2Bbottom&qid=1577829096&s=apparel&sr=1-6&th=1

Also, on the vest, is there a good off-the-peg solution out there anyone can recommend? I am just a beginner with sewing, and this looks a bit advanced for me :/.

Bel Tay'haai

• M.A. #081
Re: Acceptable flight suit? Also vest recommendations
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2019, 09:06 PM »
The style looks good, but I would be concerned about overheating with the fleece lining. A lot of people who do two-piece flightsuits use scrubs. I recommend checking out Uniform Advantage.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2020, 02:34 PM »
I have been reading and when I came across this thread I had to ask.  Would the Stretch Ponte knit Jean's jeggings be acceptable from Uniform Advantage or should the scrub pants be used?

« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2020, 03:52 PM »
I just bought a pair of black compression workout pants that I hope will work (also wicking). Now I have to find the matching top, that is also wicking!
I also need the flack vest. I might have to cough up the cash on that one and get it in the house without the hubs finding out.  :laugh:

« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2020, 03:51 AM »
I was thinking of going the spandex catsuit route with a paintball flak vest over it but wasn’t sure if that would be too skimpy?  If only Dickies had feminine-cut coveralls...

LILD052010

• Ge'tal Vheh - #1402
  • Awards 40+ hrs Charity Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2020, 05:42 PM »
That fleece will get hot. Regular under armor works great or the academy knock off underarmor is great.

Lyn D'ah - Ge'tal Vheh - Alor'ad
#1402 - Member since 2016

"We're going to fight fire with marshmallows."

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!