Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vest to flak vest?

• 1 Replies

Talontree

• “Rou Paeni” #2521
  • Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member
Vest to flak vest?
« on: Jan 08, 2020, 07:32 PM »
Hello everyone!

I’ve recently started work on my build on my armor set and I have been thinking about the next step in my journey. As I’ve decided to work from helmet to boots and have rounded the corner on the helmet section, I feel like the next logical point is the flight suit and flak vest.

I recently scored a surplus tan flight suit and have been working on removing the coating on it to dye it a blue shade but I’ve started to run into a snag with the vest. I have set a goal to try and fabricate or convert all parts of the kit to keep costs within a set ceiling. I wanted to throw out my possible idea for the vest

I have a similar vest that I do not use anymore and thought about applying it to the kit. My first question is has anyone tried this method? I know I need to hide the zippers and thought about removing the stuffing in the cella’s sections. My second question is would converting it be opening a can of worms to trying to fabricate one from scratch?

I look forward to the responses and please review my main WIP work log!

https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=181427.0

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
Re: Vest to flak vest?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2020, 12:11 PM »
To be honest, you may be better off just making one from a pattern. I picked up a vest pattern and modified it (for another vest, not a mando flak vest), but it would be likely much easier. Plus, you can choose the fabric instead of making something work.

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!