Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ideas for clothing article for under the armor?

• 4 Replies
Ideas for clothing article for under the armor?
« on: Jan 09, 2020, 07:26 AM »
Sorry for weird title, but I was wondering what is a good starting point for clothing to attach the armor pieces to? I saw in other threads that some ladies were going to start with a turtleneck and leggings, and tailored scrubs. I was wondering if there were other ideas that are doable.

I really appreciate any and all advice  :porg1:

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
Re: Ideas for clothing article for under the armor?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2020, 02:33 PM »
Other than leggings/turtleneck and scrubs, many people use coveralls or sew their own flightsuit. All options are good, just depends on the look you want :)

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2021, 06:15 AM »
I usually go with leggings and scrubs. Works just fine. :porg1: for me it's more important what the actual costume looks like rather than what I wear underneath it. It's all about appearances and effectivity after all. However, I care about what I wear when I go out with my hubby as I like to dress to impress. Every time we go on a walk or in a public place I love to go with matching gear That is unique it makes us look like the loveliest couple ever. There were so many hoodies with cute quotes that I could choose of, that it took me literally an hour.

« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2021, 08:03 AM by follyfonda » Logged

Senra Qiin

• Verd ori'shya beskar'gam
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2021, 10:42 PM »
For me I found scrubs and leggings looked a bit too slim for my liking, so I went for Dickie's coveralls! Just think about if you want something a bit baggier or more fitting.  :<3:

“Ba'slan shev'la… gar serim.” - Em’ila Neiwyn
(Profile picture by Sketchyitaliana)

Instagram is @senraqiin.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2021, 04:40 AM »
I found pants that are called Treggings.. which I'd never heard of before seeing them. They're stretchy side ways (for my butt and thighs) and solid long ways to hold up the leg armour. This Polynesian butt was having a very hard time with anything off the rack and sewing it was a nightmare I kept revisiting until I found them.

Best things ever! Even with the daft name.

For the top half I used a fitting tee shirt, removed the arms and sewed on colour matched duck cloth. Looks like it's a full suit, feels like I won't die.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!