Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Flak Vest UK

• 0 Replies
Flak Vest UK
« on: Jan 11, 2020, 04:19 PM »
Hi, I've already asked a question about the flight suit but think I've got that sorted. But apologies for two posts from the same person!

I've been looking more into soft parts for my first WIP but I've had trouble with the Flak Vest. I've pretty much got no tailoring experience, other than knowing how to sew. I've just read through a few really helpful tutorials on here about making a flak vest from raw materials, but I don't have access to a sewing machine. Which leads me to my question, is there somewhere I can buy a flak vest in the UK? as most vendors are outside the UK I believe. I'd love to be able to make my own, but didn't know whether hand sewing was an option?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I was wondering whether this kind of material is what I'll be needing if I do get a hold of a sewing machine: https://www.myfabrics.co.uk/171-CAPRI45-298_outdoor-decor-fabric-deck-chair-uni-44-cm-slate-grey.html
It's one of the colours I wanted in my design so that'd be great if I could use this material alongside the patterns to just make my own vest.

« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2020, 05:10 PM by ThomasFett » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!