Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

OhMisterPabbit Armor WIP/Work Log

• 3 Replies
OhMisterPabbit Armor WIP/Work Log
« on: Apr 02, 2022, 10:26 AM »
About a month ago I started working on my kit again after a few years away, I already had chest and ab plates that were sized, shaped, and primed, so I decided to get to work on painting them, since any additional shaping should be minimal.

I got my shoulders and collar plate cut out, and I am beginning to sand the edges on those.

My gauntlets need to be put together, shaped, sanded etc etc. I have heard that piano hinges are useful in that regard, I plan to hold off fiddling with it until i get to another armor party.

Knees still need to be assembled.

I have yet to do any work with shin or thigh armor, and as for cod armor, I am considering going with an armored loin, after that being suggested by a member of my clan.

I'll take some pics of the current state of my armor on my next day off from work, since that is likely when I'll have it all out to work on any ways again.

Re: OhMisterPabbit Armor WIP/Work Log
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2022, 07:41 PM »
Alrighty, I got the chest and ab plates painted

Pulled the masking fluid, and then scuffed them up

and hit them with a black wash

it's kind of hard to tell in the photos, but they are a bit grimier now than when I started, they look a lot less purple now, but thats a-ok in my book.

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 11:11 PM »
After getting feedback on my plates, I re-did some of the weathering, I also made the center of my chest diamond the same orange as the front of my bucket.

I have gotten my knees finished up as well.

Next order of business will be my shoulders, back, and gaunts. The sholders are cut out and shaped, I am going to be going with double shoulder plates, and my gaunts are assembled, but still have a lot of work ahead of them, which I made a post about in the gauntlet section.

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 06:43 PM »
Started figuring out spacing on the plates yesterday, they are loosely held on for the time being until it gets dialed in.
Here is where it is at so far.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!