Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Approved- Uur Shaadlan -Still a WIP- Approved: Medic and Assassin Brigades

• 144 Replies

Arco'thyel Wyshla

• Your resident crazy cat mando
That's exciting!! I miss cons so much. I love how people made masks to match their cosplays!

Out of curiosity, what things tend to need repairs after a troop?

Arco's armor concept thread: Come help me plan things out!

"Visit Mandalore before Mandalore visits you. Take home some souvenirs—a slab of uj cake and a smack in the mouth." ―Baltan Carid

"Don’t take this the wrong way you guys, but uh, Mandalorians are crazy." ―Ezra Bridger

Vercopaanir

• Awards Special Operations Brigade Member Medic Brigade Member
Looks like you guys had a blast! :D

Rob

Yes so much fun!

That's exciting!! I miss cons so much. I love how people made masks to match their cosplays!

Out of curiosity, what things tend to need repairs after a troop?

So my hand plates got a bit tore up by my gauntlets.  I ran into a table and broke my bacta injector and holder. And I had to reseal some of my Chicago screws. Otherwise not much else other then disinfecting  the armor and flight suit.

Vercopaanir

Scrap building!!!  Pretty much all I've done after my initial build phase.   This past week I decided to work on a pair of cuffs.  So I took two rounds from the pipe I used to make my schnees, the door hanger chain that I cut off so that I could use the rest for mounting my O2 canister to my medic bag, hinge left over from the gauntlets and a pair of magnets that didn't get used when I mounted my plates.   Also a bit of PVC board for the raised details (actually starting to run out finally...ordered way more then I need for the armor but it was a better price that way so...).

I'm breaking this post up into 'days' to show you how much (or little) I do at any one time.

Day one - assembly of parts, cut the pipe to size

Day two- Cut pipe in half and sand a beveled edge in, cut hinge to size and sand down the rough edges, glue hinge to pipe

Day three- Cut out rectangles to go on pipe, bevel edge, heat and form to shape of pipe, sand a second time with a finer sanding block

Day four- glue the pieces to the pipe, drill the holes and mount the chain, sand down for the magnet and mount that in place

I still need to figure out the padding for the inside so that they can fit a larger group of people at cons and paint them.

evening.echiveria

• Plant enthusiast. They/them :)
Looks really awesome!

Vercopaanir

Looks really awesome!

Thank you!

Update:  Got an amazing 3-D printed piece for my medic's kit (had to wait for approval before adding the brigades sigil).  My Ruus' (who has a 3-D printing business) did an amazing job modeling and printing this piece for me.  I now have two 3-D printed pieces on my kit.  It came out so amazing!!!

And cont. for the binders

Days five and six were non-production days, aka I didn't work on them at all

Day seven- Painted the primer and the first silver coat

Day eight- clear coat then graphite powder 2x

1x
2x

All that is left for those is to mount the padding

Vercopaanir

Finished the cuffs!

Day ten- Nada

Day eleven - added the velcro to the inside of the cuff

No pictures

Day twelve - cut, sanded and heated the foam for inside the cuffs; added the velcro to the foam and mounted it

Vercopaanir

My sister swung by for the day and we did a few photos!!!

Vercopaanir

Finally got the battery pack for the fans in my helmet sorted.  Pictures on my helmet thread for that one.  I also did Infinity Con this past Saturday, so much fun!

The Din Djarin is with the 501st, the Death Watch is one of our UMs just waiting for his approval, it is an excellent kit and I can't wait for the OM status so that there can be more than just me and my handler at the Mercs Table!

One of our mercs from GA stopped by!

Arco'thyel Wyshla

• Your resident crazy cat mando
I love your con pics – I get to live vicariously through you! ;D Looks like you had a blast. Everyone's cosplays look fantastic!

Arco's armor concept thread: Come help me plan things out!

"Visit Mandalore before Mandalore visits you. Take home some souvenirs—a slab of uj cake and a smack in the mouth." ―Baltan Carid

"Don’t take this the wrong way you guys, but uh, Mandalorians are crazy." ―Ezra Bridger

Vercopaanir

I love your con pics – I get to live vicariously through you! ;D Looks like you had a blast. Everyone's cosplays look fantastic!

:porg2: it was so much fun!  Keep building and soon you can join the craziness too!  :cookie:

I finished some knives!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!