Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Approved- Uur Shaadlan - Medic and Assassin Brigades- Never Finished

• 213 Replies

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
Re: WIP First Armor Kit
« Reply #50 on: Mar 20, 2020, 09:36 PM »
Awesome progress :)

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Medic Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Special Weapons
« Reply #51 on: Mar 22, 2020, 10:06 PM »
Awesome progress :)

Thanks!

So, yesterday I didn't get much done on my kit.  I did however tile the bathroom floor so it was still a productive day.  I tried to do some bondo on my helmet afterwords and flubbed the batch.  I have some scraping to do.

Anyways,  I finished washing off the toothpaste from the pieces.  And painted the heads of the chicago screws for my hands and shoulders.

I patterned out my back plate and set it on my vest to make sure I wasn't off the wall on my sizing.

I started designing my gauntlets...sorry no photos, sketches are really rough.  I also think I decided on my main weapon...I am leaning toward a beskad but one that is on the smaller side.  I also want to make a tranq pistol as my second weapon.  And a whole bunch of other things but not yet.

And I started my second scratch built helmet.

I asked my dad if he had any five gallon buckets...he said sure...I found like 15 outside my porch the next day.  All covered in the roof coating material that he works with but hey...free buckets.  Now I can make all the helmets I want as long as I use buckets.

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet
WIP Weapons [url=https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 50 official invasions. Medic Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Special Weapons
« Reply #52 on: Mar 24, 2020, 07:49 PM »
Not too much to show in terms of direct progress.  A little bit here and little bit there now that school's back up and running online. 

I got my back plates sanded.  I haven't decided if I want to do trauma plates on the back yet or just give the illusion with paint.  I'll have to think on it for a few days before I decide.  I have also begun the arduous process of bribing a sibling to assist in forming my back plates.  ;)  Food goes a long way in my family, might have to do some baking. 

I also sanded down a layer of bondo on my helmet and added a second layer.

I also started on my beskad.  I found a bit of scrap wood and am using that as the main blade.  I haven't figure out how to do the hilt yet as I want to add a sword breaker prong like on a Jitte.  So I sanded them down but I do need to use some filler to correct a few of the holes that scraps tend to have.

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #53 on: Mar 26, 2020, 07:08 PM »
So I finally bribed my sister to help me form my back plate.  My brother ended up helping as well because he was there.  I think it came out pretty good.  One question...can I leave the overlap between collar and backplate? or do I need to trim it down so that they lay flush?

I also got some work done on my weapon.  Mostly just spot filling so nothing much to show.

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #54 on: Mar 27, 2020, 08:08 AM »

So what attachment method is better for shin-knees?  Should I use the buckets or try to get it perfect with snaps?  The straps will be secured to the edges of the shin-knee with the chicago screws.

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #55 on: Mar 30, 2020, 07:32 PM »
I started on my gauntlets .  I got a basic pattern down and then I made a cardboard mock-up.  The mock-up went fine but when I cut out the actual pieces they were a tad small.  I may still be able to use half of them but I will need to cut the other half out again bigger.  Guess I didn't build enough wiggle room into my pattern for the thickness of the pipe.   

I also got my first coat of primer on my one helmet and the second coat of primer on the other.  They're starting to look like the real deal...not cut up five gallon pails.

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #56 on: Mar 31, 2020, 12:15 PM »
Those buckets are looking particularly awesome. :)

Rob

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."

Kryamla Redalur

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #57 on: Apr 01, 2020, 09:35 AM »
Awesome work :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #58 on: Apr 01, 2020, 08:28 PM »
Awesome work :)

Those buckets are looking particularly awesome. :)

Rob

Thanks to both of you.

Not much progress to show.  I did a little fiddling with the spacing and getting the collar and shoulder to line up.  I still have a little more to shave off to get a flat fit.  I did get the wood filler and first layer of primer on my beskads.  I realized after that I hadn't added my little greeblies to it yet so I have to sand down the spots where I am adding them and then prime again.  I also started on a box for my belt.   And of course some sanding and priming on the buckets.

Still trying to decided on my external box decorations.  I think I like the first one best.

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #59 on: Apr 02, 2020, 10:24 PM »
So online school is nice if I want to sit on my back porch and sand a piece of armor while listening to my lectures, I can.  Down side is that pretty much every assignment requires a 3-4 page response paper.

Anyway... did some small stuff today.  Got another coat of bondo on my chest piece and sanded it down.  Also did some spot bondo on one of my buckets.  I added my greeblies to my beskad and gave it a coat of glossy black.  I plan on adding some silver and then some graphite tomorrow.  Hopefully it starts looking like an actual weapon.  I painted my box.  Mounted my hand armor to my gloves and did some work on my soft parts.  Hand sewing and long lectures make a great combo.   

I had to use longer chicago screw on the front of the hand armor than I was planning.  Gloves had too much padding for the shorter ones I had painted.  So I'll paint some longer ones when  I get out the white next time. 

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #60 on: Apr 03, 2020, 07:20 PM »
I did my first armor black wash today.  I gathered up my kama/loin war skirt plates and gave it a shot.  I left some stokes showing because I want a 'used but cleaned regularly' look.

I finished my box with a strap for sliding it onto a belt.

I also did a bit more work on my beskad.  I got the silver highlights added.  Then I did a series of clear coats and graphite powder.  I think I might need one more powder rub.  Then I also added leather to the handle.  To the other one I tried the foil tape.  Not done with that one yet but I am not sure I like it.  I'll finish it then decide.

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #61 on: Apr 07, 2020, 07:32 PM »
I finally got the straps added to my shin-knees!!!  Now all they need is a black wash to give them some depth and wear.  I also think I'll add some strap keepers to hold down the loose ends.

I also did my first epoxy resin mixing!  I got a layer of fiberglass cloth and epoxy resin layered into the front of both my helmets and inside the dome of the one I made out of the template.  I don't have any after pictures because I don't want to move them till they cure.

I also did a bit more sanding on my weapons but no pictures yet.

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #62 on: Apr 09, 2020, 08:54 PM »
So I started a set of larger beskad/swords.  There're coming along nicely.  Got them sanded and the first layer of wood filler on and sanded.  I also got the handles shaped and glued on.  I still need to add the guard and do some spot filling in a few places before I can paint them.

I had an accident with one of my helmets right before I did the resin.  Now that the epoxy resin has cured I am fixing it up and am almost back to were I started.  The other one is nearly complete.  A few more pinholes to fill and then on to my actual paint scheme.  Then of course I get to deal with the padding and trying to put fans in.  Also the visor still needs to be added.

I also finally sanded down my first gauntlet and got the hinge added to one side.

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #63 on: Apr 25, 2020, 08:41 PM »
So I haven't updated in a while but I have been working on my kit.  I remade my vest for the third time.  I think I finally got it right.  Anyway, I also got my chest armor finally ready for paint.  I did my three layers of primer then my two layers of silver.  I had just put on my clear coat when my sister ran them over with the car.  I made sure they weren't on the driveway and went for a bottle of water only to come back and find them somewhat squashed.  :'(  She got the collar piece and a bit of the main chest piece.  Fortunately she didn't get any of the back plates.  So, after a brief meltdown, I picked up the pieces and decided to try and fix them.  After some careful heat, bondo, sanding and more spray paint they are once again recognizable as armor plates not tire pancakes.  I do have some 'organic' damage that I will now be adding to my weathering patterns for those pieces. 

After Tire Pancake and Rebuild

I also worked on my beskads and a tranq. pistol that I was thinking I would carry.  I really do need to start a weapon WIP.

I black and brown washed my shin-knees, shoulder and hand plates, as well as brown washing my armored kama and loin plates.

And I also got both gauntlets cut, sanded and hinged (may have made up that last one).

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #64 on: Apr 25, 2020, 09:07 PM »
Oh no! So glad you were able to repair your pieces! They still look good to me :) I’m really liking your paint and style!

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #65 on: Apr 26, 2020, 08:36 PM »
Oh no! So glad you were able to repair your pieces! They still look good to me :) I’m really liking your paint and style!

Thanks Kryamla Redalur. 

So I did a test fit with my newest version of my vest to try and figure out the cap sleeve/ shoulder mount of the plates.  I also wanted to see what all my pieces looked like together and check fit again.   :)

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #66 on: Apr 30, 2020, 09:12 PM »
Great work :D. I really dig the way your trauma plates look, more like a 'hey, we're the plates and the ones underneath are an underlay' rather than looking like base plates with others tacked on top. The color scheme and actual execution of the painting looks awesome, too!

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #67 on: Sep 29, 2020, 11:21 AM »
Thanks Slade Kel.

I got the strapping for the back plates on along with the pins I am using to mount the plates on my vest. 

Also did a bit more weathering on all the plates.

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #68 on: Oct 10, 2020, 06:21 PM »
Small steps are still progress. 

I got the loop added to the holster for my gun so now I can wear it on my belt.  :)

I also got the cord for the tie down to keep the holster in place.

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #69 on: Oct 16, 2020, 05:11 PM »
So test fit today.  I put on everything that would stay on.  Obviously the gauntlets are not done yet.  I still haven't decided what I want to add to the second one.  I also need to secure the bottom of my backplates to the vest.  I also need to finish padding my helmet and figure out how to add a fan.  And of course some of my softs still need weathering.

I also need to add the magnets to the vest for certain sections of the plates.

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #70 on: Oct 16, 2020, 07:23 PM »
This is looking really nice! Love the repurposed altoids can lid!

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #71 on: Oct 26, 2020, 06:18 PM »
This is looking really nice! Love the repurposed altoids can lid!

Thanks!

So I have been making slow progress over the last week or so.  I got my chest diamond finished.  All the paint layers same as I have been doing and then added magnets to the back to keep it attached to my vest.  I used JP weld to glue the magnets to the back of the diamond. 

I also worked on my left gauntlet a bit more.  Added my dart launchers and my "comm" into the gauntlet.  Then I added the holder for my field cauterizer.  Added a few layers of Bondo, some of that glorious sanding, then three layer of primer.   I am out of my silver base color so I have to go shopping before I can go any further with the paint.

I also worked on my field cauterizer.  I added some color and a bit of PVC to the piece itself and then glued on a strip of Sintra to help it hold itself in place on the gauntlet. 

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet
« Reply #72 on: Nov 04, 2020, 12:52 PM »

I really like the work you are doing :like:

spesso sei come una foglia in balia degli elementi, ti muovi seguendo il vento ma non sai mai che succede, e perché succede, segui solo il vento.

The child who plays grows, the adult who stops playing ages (E. Montale)

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #73 on: Nov 04, 2020, 03:43 PM »
Wonderful work, well-executed! I hope you're proud of your progress. If you haven't been notified already, your soft parts will need to be weathered to match the level of weathering or damage on your armor. Can't wait to see where this progresses to!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Vercopaanir

• Fix'em or Finish'em
« Reply #74 on: Nov 04, 2020, 05:02 PM »
I really like the work you are doing :like:

Thanks!

Wonderful work, well-executed! I hope you're proud of your progress. If you haven't been notified already, your soft parts will need to be weathered to match the level of weathering or damage on your armor. Can't wait to see where this progresses to!

I appreciate the feedback.  I am aware that I need to do it but I keep putting it off as I am the mender and maker in the family.  Adding damage was a bit like pulling teeth for me so I am dreading adding 'wear and tear' to my new garments.  Ahh well, the life of a costumer.  I know I will like the end result as I do like the used look I've gotten so far from my armor.  I just have to grit my teeth and do it!

As to what I have been up to...

I continued to work on my right gauntlet.  I have gotten it all the way through the paint it just needs the black and brown washes that I have been using on everything else.  I am holding off on that till I finish the second one so that I can get them both at the same time. 

I did finally start on accessorizing my left gauntlet.  I added a box, sized to fit my phone.  I added some magnets and will make a cut out on the green top plate.  The top plate will be removable.  My phone will display something Star Warszy when it is in position.  I still want to add a grapple line to the outside of this one as well as some buttons.  So this one still has a ways to go before its ready. 

Ursa Wren WIP
WIP Armor
WIP Helmet

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!