Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Rebels Bo Katan Build

• 2 Replies

Veris Bralor

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more
Rebels Bo Katan Build
« on: Jan 21, 2020, 02:02 PM »
Heyo:

Getting serious on a Rebels Bo Katan build. The end goal of this kit is for brigade level status so I'm starting a WIP here.

Helmet:
The main progress: a rebels bo katan kryze helmet. There are enough differences between the clone wars and rebels helmet that I didn't want to modify the former. I worked with caliston armory to model and print this new version.

Flightsuit:
Next big project is the flightsuit. I have a friend and a seamstress helping me right now. Looking for cottons, with some stretch? The rebels fabric is a little oddly rendered so I'm focusing on the crls/brls first and then obsessing over tiny differences in texture second.

Colors:
Before the final decision is made for the fabric, I am getting a pantone book off of a friend to look at color matching. I've been looking at all the rattle can lines and will probably have to custom mix the blue. Which is fine, cause some of the weathering will look a lot better airbrushed (on the blue plates). The choice is then to hand mix with acrylics or to get a pint made based on the pantone number. I do have 3 cans of raw metal paints so I can try and get that shade a shiny level correct.

Plates:
I have the start of the plates templated out. Luckily those are pretty straight forwards. I think the curves I can get in 6 mm sintra. May just 3D print the shoulder bells instead of trying to make a matching set out of sintra or pvc.

Accessories:
I already have the dark saber and dual westars, although I can't remember if the Bo rebels version has any slight geometry differences to the wrens. I will have to check. Same goes for the gauntlets.
Does anyone have a lead for her jetpack? It looks like I could mod a clone wars one.

Veris Bralor

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more
Re: Rebels Bo Katan Build
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2020, 02:15 PM »
Large-ish Update:

Flightsuit: a fabric saga has been undertaken.

Pictures of swatches never do it justice (especially that late at night). I have a few grey options. The top one we have several yards of already, so we are going to run some dye tests. It is mostly cotton (ie why it has more of a texture) but that means I can dye it slightly darker.

Here is it compared to a flat black canvas under really harsh lights.

And based off the day time shots of bo its pretty close in bright lights:

We looked around for the light grey and will probably end up ordering it online based on that or the other swatch pack. Nothing local was the right color or right weight.
For the vest we found a really nice black knit with the right kind of stretch and will line it.

Boots: These bad boys were on sale for $10 so i bought them. They have the right detailing on the top of the shaft, but are a little rounder on the toe. Probably alright for now for $10. I doubt the tiny stretch panel will be noticeable after the shin armor goes on.

Models: The good news is i have the right gun model, and the right gauntlet files. And the paint is pretty straight forward for both. The knees are different then the clone wars ones but should be too hard to manage. I got a good shot of the jetpack, and well it's different from the clone wars one I think I should be able to model it myself.

Me and some local friends got out the pantone book and had a mighty debate about the colors. And I mean all the colors.

But no, we got the pantone family that her paint reads off the TV and im going to compare it to digital color matching to hone in the mix I want to order.

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
Re: Rebels Bo Katan Build
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2020, 09:51 AM »
Nice work! Really excited to see the model for jetpack and the helmet because I was thinking about updating my own one day. And too sad that the Rebels version doesn't have much love from those who do jetpacks and helmets 😂 so far the colors looks nice, as for pantone colors - try checking 501st CRL. I was working closely with the BHG detachment leader to match the colors as close as it can be (the CRL has pantone color numbers there). I had to change color of my armor a couple of times to match the blue from different screenshots.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!