Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Gloves & Boots for Modern Era

• 4 Replies

Arminius

Gloves & Boots for Modern Era
« on: Jan 13, 2020, 01:16 AM »
Hi,all,I already got a Jango-style armor from a local OM and a flight suit on the way,and will later order a vest from Endelose,however I am still lacking boots and gloves to have all the soft parts for my build.Are there any that you recommend? Fortunately there is a big shoe market in my city where I get all the shoes for my costumes,but I'm not really sure what to look for so any idea as to what others might use would be very useful to know what I should get.I'm not sure as to what color my boots and gloves will be but I'm inclined to go for light grey gloves like my flight suit.For the boots I'm between black (main color for my armor) and brown (color of my ammo and holster belts and cape)

The strongest stars have hearts of kyber, but the strongest warriors have hearts of beskar.

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
Re: Gloves & Boots for Modern Era
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2020, 09:32 AM »
With gloves, I'd go with a pair that aren't too ornate. You can always add some stuff to them if you'd like, but get ones that don't have tons of rubber bits attached (unless it makes sense for your kit).

As far as boots go, see if you can find slip on boots. Or just boots with no laces but with a zipper on the inside. OR if you find a cool pair of boots that have laces, think about if/how you can cover them.

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Arminius

« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2020, 02:55 PM »
I'll have boot covers so laces won't be much of a problem,though I'll look for slip on boots.I am looking for some simple gloves but finding grey gloves is a bit harder than I expected.Any recommendations for the gloves' material or a specific model?

« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2020, 03:03 PM by Arminius » Logged
The strongest stars have hearts of kyber, but the strongest warriors have hearts of beskar.

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2020, 02:36 PM »
If you're dead-set on having grey gloves, maybe think about the style you're looking for. If you can't find a colour you like in that style, you might be able to find a lighter colour and just dye them the right colour. So if you find a pair in the style you like, but they only come in black and natural/tan, buy the lighter colour and try to dye them. OR get the darker colour and add grey accents.

Oya!

Andry         ; )

PorkRoll

• try to avoid a mandon't
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2020, 09:33 PM »
I have gray glove liners made by under armor.   Very plain and the logo can be removed with a little help from a heat gun.
https://www.amazon.com/Under-Armour-Mens-Liner-2-0/dp/B077XPRTYQ

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!