Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Harness questions

• 5 Replies

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Harness questions
« on: Jan 19, 2020, 09:30 PM »
I've had this jetpack for around 3 years now and I'm finally trying to add it to my kit. the issue I'm having its kinda heavy and the nylon harness I made does nothing to help so i need to find a good one that does not break the bank. Any suggestions on which one to get?

Jedi Hunter WIP I Daimyo Boba WIP I Early Crusader WIP

I'm a Texan and Mandalorian, firearms are part of my religion

Zahn Va'roth

• Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
Re: Harness questions
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2020, 01:18 AM »
Hey!

I actually had to build mine for the same reason. I made mine from leather, but it would work with nylon too. It took me awhile, and the help of another set of hands, but I eventually built one that works amazingly.

Let me take some photos of it on, with and without my jetpack on to give you an idea of how to make one.
Basically you just cut straps and stick them together with a few buckles here and there.

So you essentially just make backpack straps, (with the center buckle across your chest) then another horizontal strap over your mid section, then have some buckles on your back that can clip into your pack.

You certainly have to play mental gymnastics as you make it, and try it on as you go, but you can get it if I could!

MMcFett

• Wayii!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2020, 10:05 AM »
I use a scuba style harness. You can make one like that a little cheaper than just buying one, but you can find some good deals on them. It supports my jetpack pretty well.

...take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Ephesians 6:13WIPs: Helmet-Armor-Gauntlets-Weapons-Jetpack

Zahn Va'roth

« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2020, 12:56 PM »
I use a scuba style harness. You can make one like that a little cheaper than just buying one, but you can find some good deals on them. It supports my jetpack pretty well.

That's genius!!! I made mine with stuff I had around, but that's such a good way to do it.

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2020, 01:45 PM »
Thanks for the input guys!

Jedi Hunter WIP I Daimyo Boba WIP I Early Crusader WIP

I'm a Texan and Mandalorian, firearms are part of my religion

Zahn Va'roth

« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2020, 02:30 PM »
You got it, Vod!  :like:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!