Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Inside your buy'ce

• 196 Replies

Gabrin Kinoda

• House Manager, Ohld Vart's So. Beach LadyBoy Revue
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Inside your buy'ce
« Reply #15 on: Nov 09, 2007, 10:56 PM »
I have a big square of foam in the top of mine. That's it. Aren't you impressed??   ;D

------------

Council Advisor, 2007-2012
« Reply #16 on: Nov 09, 2007, 11:42 PM »
The only thing inside mine is my head.

I'm working on getting some sort of padding in there.

In the bucket, not in my head.

This post courtesy of the makers of NyQuil.

Legion

• Good, bad...I'm the guy with guns on my wrists.
« Reply #17 on: Nov 09, 2007, 11:44 PM »
Right now all I have in my helmet are a pair of fans. And a lot of padding. They fans've done well so far positioned as they are for circulation - also keep the visor from fogging up on account of the frivolous need to breathe. I'm'na see about adding a sound kit next paycycle. RF servo would be nice, maybe.

[attachment deleted by admin]

| MMCC #0058 | Trendsetter: The original coated Mando.
« Reply #18 on: Nov 10, 2007, 11:40 AM »
Mine is empty at the moment 'cause I'm still painting it. But I will be adding padding (maybe a hard hat liner) and El Wire. Thinking of doing a voice changer/amp, but I'm not sure yet. I was originally planning on doing a servo for my RF, but I finally decided it was a little too expensive for me right now.

Ruusaar Cin

• Oya aliit Hett'ciri!
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #19 on: Nov 10, 2007, 11:57 AM »

That is all there is to it right now, but there is plenty of room for electronics inside.
Planned upgrades include:
Radio
RF servo
Nightvision system (I already have a camera to mount in the RF, I just need a veiwing system.)
Neckseal with fans

TK 5159, 501st: Badlands Garrison

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #20 on: Nov 10, 2007, 12:00 PM »
Oh, that sounds so awesome Ruusaar! Another toy I will have to buy when I finish my bucket.

;D

~Bio

Jacyn Snow

• AKA Aran Kerir AKA Jordan Masters
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #21 on: Dec 17, 2007, 05:24 PM »
Right now all I have in my helmet are a pair of fans. And a lot of padding. They fans've done well so far positioned as they are for circulation - also keep the visor from fogging up on account of the frivolous need to breathe. I'm'na see about adding a sound kit next paycycle. RF servo would be nice, maybe.

hey can you show me exactly where you positioned those fans, cuz im thinkn about puttin som in mine but idk were to put em

USMC

Legion

• Good, bad...I'm the guy with guns on my wrists.
« Reply #22 on: Dec 17, 2007, 05:39 PM »
hey can you show me exactly where you positioned those fans, cuz im thinkn about puttin som in mine but idk were to put em

Just so you know, mine are placed where they are because they can't go anywhere else. It's be nice to have one at the back fo my helmet drawing fresh air in, but that would be a bad idea as the fan would try to eat my hair, get tangled, start a fire, and fry my brain more than it already is. I know a lot of people have one above the visor and one at the keyholes on the back.

[attachment deleted by admin]

| MMCC #0058 | Trendsetter: The original coated Mando.

Tal Greyheed

• I have an Anvil
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #23 on: Dec 20, 2007, 12:53 AM »
it not much, but its something
the tubing is purely for appearances. I still need to make some "end caps" for it

TheMandoMan

• MMCC #0001
« Reply #24 on: Dec 20, 2007, 03:16 AM »
Nothing in mine but a little bit of padding.  But it's going to be retired anyways when I get my new helmet in the next month or so.  Not sure what I'll put in it, but there will be padding and fans for sure.  It seems the rest of the suit isn't that bad, but once the helmet goes on, I'm sweating buckets...my bucket.   :P

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

Jacyn Snow

• AKA Aran Kerir AKA Jordan Masters
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #25 on: Dec 21, 2007, 12:01 AM »
o found this check it out   http://wholesalearmor.com/paddingkit3.html   looks pretty cool might order one ;D

USMC

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #26 on: Dec 21, 2007, 02:51 PM »
You can probably do the same thing with some foam and glue for cheaper.  Go check at a fabric/hobby store.

Apollo Falco

• Lone Mando from HVM
« Reply #27 on: Dec 21, 2007, 10:46 PM »
where do you get egg carton foam? I've looked at home depot but they say they don't carry it

That's what I'm talking about. It's a power generator, in the middle of a tree. Strange

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #28 on: Dec 21, 2007, 11:15 PM »
Haha. That is because Egg Carton Foam is usually used for beds and couches.

I would try WalMart, Costco, or .... Hmm a sofa shop? Any bedding store should carry them. Maybe "Bed Bath and Beyond?"

Tal Greyheed

• I have an Anvil
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #29 on: Dec 21, 2007, 11:25 PM »
my egg carton foam was the padding on the inside of the case to a cheap airsoft pistol i bought

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!