Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Inside your buy'ce

• 196 Replies

Jacyn Snow

• AKA Aran Kerir AKA Jordan Masters
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Inside your buy'ce
« Reply #25 on: Dec 21, 2007, 12:01 AM »
o found this check it out   http://wholesalearmor.com/paddingkit3.html   looks pretty cool might order one ;D

USMC- Mandeplorable

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #26 on: Dec 21, 2007, 02:51 PM »
You can probably do the same thing with some foam and glue for cheaper.  Go check at a fabric/hobby store.

Apollo Falco

• Lone Mando from HVM
« Reply #27 on: Dec 21, 2007, 10:46 PM »
where do you get egg carton foam? I've looked at home depot but they say they don't carry it

That's what I'm talking about. It's a power generator, in the middle of a tree. Strange

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #28 on: Dec 21, 2007, 11:15 PM »
Haha. That is because Egg Carton Foam is usually used for beds and couches.

I would try WalMart, Costco, or .... Hmm a sofa shop? Any bedding store should carry them. Maybe "Bed Bath and Beyond?"

Tal Greyheed

• I have an Anvil
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #29 on: Dec 21, 2007, 11:25 PM »
my egg carton foam was the padding on the inside of the case to a cheap airsoft pistol i bought

Apollo Falco

• Lone Mando from HVM
« Reply #30 on: Dec 21, 2007, 11:30 PM »
cool thanks. I was thinking it was used for insulation for some reason so that's why I went to Home Depot. Should have figured Wal Mart would have it, they've got everything at everyday low prices!!!

That's what I'm talking about. It's a power generator, in the middle of a tree. Strange

K'raam Xrati

• Mark Hamilton the Red Mando, TB & DZ3203
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #31 on: Dec 25, 2007, 09:57 AM »
I used self adhesive foot arch pads that I had left over from my treatments from my foot doctor. They were unused.

84 Career Invasions
MMCC #48 Trooping since September 2007
Kilted Mando #4

Zevlar Rayco

• MMCC197 M.A.J.I.C 59
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #32 on: Dec 25, 2007, 01:20 PM »
I just saw 5 rolls of blue egg carton foam at my local Hobby Lobby yesterday. Hobby Lobby Michaels & Hancock fabrics can be my best friends when it comes to armoring up

"Let your woes become your deadliest weapons."
« Reply #33 on: Dec 25, 2007, 09:09 PM »
That egg carton foam is pretty cool. I'm beginning to think I might do that instead of the hard hat liner.

Apollo Falco

• Lone Mando from HVM
« Reply #34 on: Dec 25, 2007, 10:40 PM »
just a blanket suggestion, don't get white foam. It turns yellow/tan/brown real fast and looks kind of disgusting

Jax Archillies

« Reply #35 on: Dec 26, 2007, 02:39 PM »
foam rubber is your friend.

hey, how the heck can you get your helmet to stay on your head with barely any padding K'Raam?

K'raam Xrati

• Mark Hamilton the Red Mando, TB & DZ3203
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #36 on: Dec 26, 2007, 06:27 PM »
hey, how the heck can you get your helmet to stay on your head with barely any padding K'raam?

The 2 pads at the cheekbone area hold the helmet right in place. I stuck them on and it was nearly perfect. The 2 in the back help some but the fronts do most of the work. I fits and holds just fine. I got lucky.

84 Career Invasions
MMCC #48 Trooping since September 2007
Kilted Mando #4

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #37 on: Jan 06, 2008, 12:46 AM »

Jax Archillies

« Reply #38 on: Jan 07, 2008, 03:23 PM »
looks like crazy eyes!!!!

Hey Bio, coudl you design for my GF (SHADO) a mando style design for her shoulder bell.  wolf-type.  shell have s small wolf paw print on her healmet, but i like your feather thing...thoughts?  pm me

« Reply #39 on: Mar 03, 2008, 07:42 PM »
Another good source of foam is an Army Surplus store. It's used for camp bedding. my local Army Surplus has pads of all different thicknesses and types. And its all OD green.

Biohazard

« Reply #40 on: Mar 03, 2008, 08:47 PM »
looks like crazy eyes!!!!

Hey Bio, coudl you design for my GF (SHADO) a mando style design for her shoulder bell.  wolf-type.  shell have s small wolf paw print on her healmet, but i like your feather thing...thoughts?  pm me

Dude! I never saw this. Sorry for the late delay.

PM Sent.

Riya Morut

• Ree-yuh, not rye-uh. MAJIC 019
« Reply #41 on: Mar 03, 2009, 11:06 PM »
Did y'all weld the switches/batteries/fans in place, or did you use something else?

Normal people never do anything of note, nothing magnificent or world-changing or on the knife-edge of risk. ~IC: 501st

Only a Mando would create a musical instrument that doubled as a weapon. ~IC: 501ST

Fanfic found here:http://mercs.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #42 on: Mar 04, 2009, 01:13 AM »
Far as I know, pretty much everyone either taped, glued or velcro'd the little bits and pieces in. IMO (I have little humility, so no humble opinion :P) Hot glue or velcro are probably your best bet. Hot glue can be easily chipped away, yet holds thing securely, and with velcro, all you need to do is pull it off and affix opposite-side velcro to a new battery/switch/fan/etc. Keep in mind you're going to have to replace and upgrade little bits always, so don't use any fastener too strong unless it's on something that you can replace altogether.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Riya Morut

• Ree-yuh, not rye-uh. MAJIC 019
« Reply #43 on: Mar 04, 2009, 02:41 AM »
Hot glue will probably be my best bet.  It's cheap, and I already have some handy!

Normal people never do anything of note, nothing magnificent or world-changing or on the knife-edge of risk. ~IC: 501st

Only a Mando would create a musical instrument that doubled as a weapon. ~IC: 501ST

Fanfic found here:http://mercs.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #44 on: Mar 04, 2009, 07:52 AM »
Hot glue circuits, velcro batteries.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Jacyn Snow

« Reply #45 on: Mar 04, 2009, 12:23 PM »
anyone have a good pic of their fan inside their helmet?

USMC- Mandeplorable

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
« Reply #46 on: Mar 04, 2009, 04:11 PM »
Legion's bucket, on page 2 of this thread, has a somewhat decent shot of the fans, though as he notes, they're placed there more because they have to. The fan discussion's been had dozens of times, and I believe that the agreement is pretty much that the best placement would be one at the back of your neck pulling in fresh air, and one at the top of the dome pulling out hot air. Unfortunately, many people do not have the space at the back of their bucket, and many of those that do have hair that gets in the way and gets eaten by said fan.

Jacyn Snow

« Reply #47 on: Mar 05, 2009, 01:22 AM »
the one at the top wouldnt work unless you have a hole of some kind, right, but where would you put the whole

USMC- Mandeplorable

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
« Reply #48 on: Mar 05, 2009, 01:48 AM »
Of course, you'd have to have a hole, but just cut a small one right at the peak of the dome, no larger than the opening of the fan. You can put either a little mesh screen, or even just drill several small holes, enough for the fan to push air through.

Axon Kor Verda

• Slicers like splodies too!
« Reply #49 on: Mar 05, 2009, 07:49 AM »
Holy Osik Slad'ika!! Your signature keeps getting larger...

:o :o :o

Fighting the good fight since 2008 and still getting my shebs kicked...

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!