Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Inside your buy'ce

• 196 Replies

Cer'jo Aclos

• You'll find I'm full of surprises.
Inside your buy'ce
« on: Nov 08, 2007, 08:46 PM »
Just wondering what the inside of everyone's helmet looks like, here's mine:

On the side and on the back are my 2 fans. One to blow cool air in, and one in the back to vent the hot air. In the front of my helmet I have the microphone for my voice amp. The helmet liner is from a hard hat. My head barely fits in there right now, ha ha  :D.

Jahaal par ner vode; Kyr'am bah ner aru'e
"Health for my brothers; Death to my enemies"
Ne'tra gal mesh'la, jat'isyc, bal, wayii, jahaal'got!
"Black ale looks good, tastes good, and -by golly- it does you good"

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Inside your buy'ce
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2007, 10:26 PM »

Two fans, one on each ear, craft ring installed around the back, and a switch for the fan.

So far I've determined that the fans don't do jack squat for me...and they're just too loud to hear.  My switch came unglued at Halloween this year...I'm contemplating just pulling the whole fan system out.

Apollo Falco

• Lone Mando from HVM
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2007, 11:04 PM »
They probably don't do a whole lot where you have them positioned. Fans generally need a source of cool air to make any difference, so a better place to put them might be on your keyholes (they appear to be drilled out).

That's what I'm talking about. It's a power generator, in the middle of a tree. Strange

Brisk Arper Vok'chi

• Wasnt born! he was government issued!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2007, 05:29 AM »
i'll be wiring my fans up the same as your cerjo...it will vent out the warm air through the key hold and draw cool air in from the underneath!!! good job guys...my inside doesnt have any electric at the moment..i ripped the mp3 system out to use the comm links at CM12...i doubt i'll put it back in now...to much trouble!

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2007, 08:25 AM »
They probably don't do a whole lot where you have them positioned. Fans generally need a source of cool air to make any difference, so a better place to put them might be on your keyholes (they appear to be drilled out).
Problem is putting them there would EAT my hair.  I will tell you that the place they NEED to be is right on the top with a hole on the top of the helmet.  It's not really about the air coming in...but more or less evacuating the 100 degree air building up in the dome.

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2007, 09:23 AM »

2 fans, voice amp, RF servo + RC controller board.  The Mand'alor helmet will probably have more in it.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Sarim Thiri

« Reply #6 on: Nov 09, 2007, 09:44 AM »
Woah Novall, yours looks high-tech  ;D

Brisk Arper Vok'chi

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #7 on: Nov 09, 2007, 09:54 AM »
yeah...our mand'alor's buy'ce acctually looks how i imagine the inside of a "real" bucket would look

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #8 on: Nov 09, 2007, 10:07 AM »
I likes the high tech thingies =D  It makes it feel more realistic...and makes everything easier to keep up.

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Brisk Arper Vok'chi

« Reply #9 on: Nov 09, 2007, 10:12 AM »
yeah man...the high tech look rules...i cant wear my helemt any more without physically missing the comm link i was lending off the guys at CM12...i gotta do up my helmet or get another and tech it out!

Sarim Thiri

« Reply #10 on: Nov 09, 2007, 12:51 PM »
So do I, love when effort is made on things that no one will ever see. Also, if it's realistic to wear it'll without a doubt become easier to endure for a longer time than if it feels unreal to yourself.

Cer'jo Aclos

• You'll find I'm full of surprises.
« Reply #11 on: Nov 09, 2007, 02:03 PM »
Problem is putting them there would EAT my hair.

That's why I started wearing a du-rag (durag?) underneath my helmet, I was thinking of wearing a balaclava but it seems like that would just make me even more hot.

Jahaal par ner vode; Kyr'am bah ner aru'e
"Health for my brothers; Death to my enemies"
Ne'tra gal mesh'la, jat'isyc, bal, wayii, jahaal'got!
"Black ale looks good, tastes good, and -by golly- it does you good"
« Reply #12 on: Nov 09, 2007, 02:20 PM »
I'm bucketless............

Hellfire Squad

MMCC * 0041

THE MAN, THE LEGEND...

Firespray31

« Reply #13 on: Nov 09, 2007, 05:59 PM »
ditto... :'(

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #14 on: Nov 09, 2007, 08:03 PM »
I've got a picture coming. Hold on. Might take an hour or so.  ;D

Gabrin Kinoda

• House Manager, Ohld Vart's So. Beach LadyBoy Revue
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #15 on: Nov 09, 2007, 10:56 PM »
I have a big square of foam in the top of mine. That's it. Aren't you impressed??   ;D

------------

Council Advisor, 2007-2012
« Reply #16 on: Nov 09, 2007, 11:42 PM »
The only thing inside mine is my head.

I'm working on getting some sort of padding in there.

In the bucket, not in my head.

This post courtesy of the makers of NyQuil.

Legion

• Good, bad...I'm the guy with guns on my wrists.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #17 on: Nov 09, 2007, 11:44 PM »
Right now all I have in my helmet are a pair of fans. And a lot of padding. They fans've done well so far positioned as they are for circulation - also keep the visor from fogging up on account of the frivolous need to breathe. I'm'na see about adding a sound kit next paycycle. RF servo would be nice, maybe.

[attachment deleted by admin]

| MMCC #0058 | Trendsetter: The original coated Mando.
« Reply #18 on: Nov 10, 2007, 11:40 AM »
Mine is empty at the moment 'cause I'm still painting it. But I will be adding padding (maybe a hard hat liner) and El Wire. Thinking of doing a voice changer/amp, but I'm not sure yet. I was originally planning on doing a servo for my RF, but I finally decided it was a little too expensive for me right now.

Ruusaar Cin

• Oya aliit Hett'ciri!
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #19 on: Nov 10, 2007, 11:57 AM »

That is all there is to it right now, but there is plenty of room for electronics inside.
Planned upgrades include:
Radio
RF servo
Nightvision system (I already have a camera to mount in the RF, I just need a veiwing system.)
Neckseal with fans

TK 5159, 501st: Badlands Garrison

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #20 on: Nov 10, 2007, 12:00 PM »
Oh, that sounds so awesome Ruusaar! Another toy I will have to buy when I finish my bucket.

;D

~Bio

Jacyn Snow

• AKA Aran Kerir AKA Jordan Masters
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #21 on: Dec 17, 2007, 05:24 PM »
Right now all I have in my helmet are a pair of fans. And a lot of padding. They fans've done well so far positioned as they are for circulation - also keep the visor from fogging up on account of the frivolous need to breathe. I'm'na see about adding a sound kit next paycycle. RF servo would be nice, maybe.

hey can you show me exactly where you positioned those fans, cuz im thinkn about puttin som in mine but idk were to put em

USMC- Mandeplorable

Legion

• Good, bad...I'm the guy with guns on my wrists.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #22 on: Dec 17, 2007, 05:39 PM »
hey can you show me exactly where you positioned those fans, cuz im thinkn about puttin som in mine but idk were to put em

Just so you know, mine are placed where they are because they can't go anywhere else. It's be nice to have one at the back fo my helmet drawing fresh air in, but that would be a bad idea as the fan would try to eat my hair, get tangled, start a fire, and fry my brain more than it already is. I know a lot of people have one above the visor and one at the keyholes on the back.

[attachment deleted by admin]

| MMCC #0058 | Trendsetter: The original coated Mando.

Tal Greyheed

• I have an Anvil
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #23 on: Dec 20, 2007, 12:53 AM »
it not much, but its something
the tubing is purely for appearances. I still need to make some "end caps" for it

TheMandoMan

• MMCC #0001
« Reply #24 on: Dec 20, 2007, 03:16 AM »
Nothing in mine but a little bit of padding.  But it's going to be retired anyways when I get my new helmet in the next month or so.  Not sure what I'll put in it, but there will be padding and fans for sure.  It seems the rest of the suit isn't that bad, but once the helmet goes on, I'm sweating buckets...my bucket.   :P

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!