Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Inside your buy'ce

• 196 Replies
Re: Inside your buy'ce
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2010, 10:12 AM »
Mine's pretty basic for right now. I left the chinstrap from the skateboard helmet in when I built it, and used strips of memory foam for my padding. So I just squish it down into the right position and secure it with the chinstrap. Also, the padding is attached with velcro incase I want to pull it out and wash it.

ray'K

• cat# 0238
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2010, 10:47 AM »
bri.....that.....is.....GENIUS!

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #127 on: Jun 05, 2010, 02:57 PM »
I have a big square of foam in the top of mine. That's it. Aren't you impressed??   ;D

Same here, Gabby...we Old-Schooler's like it simple, don't we?  ;)  :D
Rob

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."

Arrias Karynthar

• The "Medic"
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #128 on: Jun 16, 2010, 06:37 PM »
Mine is simple.... ATV helmet inside and a detachable,  horribly rigged speaker in case I wanna listen to some tunes, but considering the size of the speaker it doesn't affect my helmet space at all :P. The cable tuns down my neck into a pouch on my belt where my Ipod is.

"Don't worry!!! I've got Clone Wars Band-Aids!"
« Reply #129 on: Jun 21, 2010, 03:32 PM »
That gives me an idea.  I should put a small mp3 player inside my helmet and either have a switch to swap the line-in to my voice amp from the mp3 player to the mic or have a speaker inside my helmet going to the mp3 player and I can have some background music playing while I talk.  My helmet is pretty packed so far with the wireless head set transmitter, 2 cooling fans, a 2 AAA battery pack for LEDs and 4 AAA battery pack and inverter for EL wire.  I may remove the ELwire though.

Jerek Darr

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #130 on: Jun 21, 2010, 03:35 PM »
there is a thread here somewhere highlighting a new amp with mp3 input that you can play and talk at the same time
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=20789.0
mine is simple right now, I used the webbing from the shield i used for my t-visor, a small fan, and a simple neck seal made out of pipe insulation.

« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2010, 03:51 PM by Jerek Darr » Logged

M.A.B.E.L #007
M.A. #10
EMTS#072
« Reply #131 on: Jun 21, 2010, 03:42 PM »
You should be able to just split the line-in to the voice amp.  Have a Y splice and one input will be the mp3 player, the other input will be the mic and the output will go to the line-in to the voice amp.  Should be pretty easy to do if I ever can find the time to do it.

Mirdala Runi

• Real medics blow stuff up
« Reply #132 on: Jul 01, 2010, 05:04 PM »
Inside my bucket, I have this nifty helmet liner. I guess its for comm helmets or something, but it fits in there perfect without any need to trim or adjust. I like it.

More pictures of the liner:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Xaven/Ambers%20Junk/projects/commhelmet.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Xaven/Ambers%20Junk/projects/comhelmside.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Xaven/Ambers%20Junk/projects/thatgirl.jpg

Jarus Cro

• I reject your reality, and substitute my own!!!
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #133 on: Jul 16, 2010, 02:42 PM »
Hey Mirdala, I think what you have there is a Navy Cranial Liner, we use those in our cranials (navy buckets) when we are on the flight line on a base, or up on the flight deck of a carrier.  And yeah, it might look nice inside a mando buy'ce, but trust me when I say that it starts to feel like pure osik after you have to wear one for 15-16 hour shifts... in the middle of the pacific... during summer...on the equater...for 7 MONTHS!!!  Heheh, sorry... I tend to rant  :P

« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2010, 02:57 PM by Jarus Cro » Logged
"Guns run out of ammo, and then all you got is an elaborate little piece of junk that don't kill nothing.  Knives on the other hand never run outta ways to kill.  Remember, a knife always cuts.  Always."  -Jarus Cro-
 MAJIC 007
 MERC 0535

Mirdala Runi

« Reply #134 on: Jul 16, 2010, 02:45 PM »
Hey Mirdala, I think what you have there is a Navy Cranial Liner, we use those in  for our cranials (navy buckets) when we are on the flight line on a base, or up on the flight deck of a carrier.  And yeah, it might look nice inside a mando buy'ce, but trust me when I say that it starts to feel like pure osik after you have to wear one for 15-16 hour shifts... in the middle of the pacific... during summer...on the equator...for 7 MONTHS!!!  Heheh, sorry... I tend to rant  :P
May well be, as my husband, a Marine, was the one who got it. He complained about it too, but it fits well enough.

Tahl Taab

• Tahl Buir shall return!!!!!!
« Reply #135 on: Jul 22, 2010, 12:07 AM »
actually that would be a CVC (combat Vehicle Crewman ) helmet liner, but I'd imagine that other branches would use it for other things too. they usually have a Bose head set inside them and a kevlar half dome for the protection. I still have one and love it.

Mirdala Runi

« Reply #136 on: Jul 22, 2010, 11:41 AM »
actually that would be a CVC (combat Vehicle Crewman ) helmet liner, but I'd imagine that other branches would use it for other things too. they usually have a Bose head set inside them and a kevlar half dome for the protection. I still have one and love it.
That's probably exactly what it is...

Gaanla par Tal

• Chosen for Blood
« Reply #137 on: Aug 30, 2010, 07:56 PM »
Anyone have a picture of a fan(s) directing air across their Viser to deal with Heat fogging?

I see that someone has already posted a fan blowing out the side of their helmet or in for that matter. 
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=1844.msg303258#msg303258

Chase

Hondo Karr

• Awards Team Player - 1 of 2 Official Members who are best Matching Pair Award for 25 official invasions. Shock Infantry Brigade Member Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #138 on: Aug 30, 2010, 08:02 PM »
Anyone have a picture of a fan(s) directing air across their Viser to deal with Heat fogging?

I see that someone has already posted a fan blowing out the side of their helmet or in for that matter. 

If you look in the finished helmet gallery on  the first page I have a pic of the inside of mine. I have an MDSB Assasin and I have my fan set up over a vent on the face of the helmet. It draws air in and blows it across the visor. Ive used it klike that at 1 photoshoot and 1 event and it works well.

Saz

• Hodor'alor
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Best Blaster - Official Member with best looking Verpine Shatter Rifle Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #139 on: Aug 31, 2010, 10:50 AM »

That would be my fiberglass colddcast Krayt you are talking about, yeah, I have quite a few fans in there and I have drilled holes just behind the visor so I get pretty good airflow now. The one at the rear blows out and the rest blow in to circulate the air around my head. The result being that (especially with the fiberglass) I can keep my helmet on almost all day in a hot arena.

The only thing I need to get now is a head band to stop the sweat on my brow going into my eyes.

Helmet builder and custom Maker, PM me for details or click here.

ITYS Counter now at 177.

Gaanla par Tal

• Chosen for Blood
« Reply #140 on: Aug 31, 2010, 02:43 PM »
The only thing I need to get now is a head band to stop the sweat on my brow going into my eyes.

that's the biggest problem with anyone who wears a helmet.  when I'm riding my bike, I too have that issue unless i have my Full Comp helmet on, which gives me the idea to have a brow pad for my helmet.

Sorry this is not a Buy'ce, still a helmet though.

Chase

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #141 on: Aug 31, 2010, 02:53 PM »
Saz, I picked up one of those "doo-rag" caps at a biker store to wear under my helmet.  And it matches my flight suit! :D

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #142 on: Aug 31, 2010, 03:32 PM »
Wow, that's an old pic Tag!  ;D

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Saz

• Hodor'alor
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Best Blaster - Official Member with best looking Verpine Shatter Rifle Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #143 on: Aug 31, 2010, 05:50 PM »
Yeah but point made though, it would absorb the only thing that really makes the only thing that trooping with my fiberglass buy'ce uncomfortable for me. I do enjoy having it on all the time. That out the way and I would be 100% comfy to wear my bucket all the time.

« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2010, 05:52 PM by Saz » Logged

Helmet builder and custom Maker, PM me for details or click here.

ITYS Counter now at 177.

Dar'manda

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #144 on: Aug 31, 2010, 06:04 PM »
I don't have a pic of the head thing itself, but it's got a band of terry cloth material along the inside that sits on your forehead to help absorb sweat. :D  I can tell you since I've worn it, I no longer get sweat in my eyes.

Cyrus Rang

• Go ahead and run...Chasing you is fun!
  • Awards Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #145 on: Aug 31, 2010, 09:27 PM »

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #146 on: Aug 31, 2010, 10:43 PM »
I don't have a pic of the head thing itself, but it's got a band of terry cloth material along the inside that sits on your forehead to help absorb sweat. :D  I can tell you since I've worn it, I no longer get sweat in my eyes.

That's what I used at C5...I looked like an 80's exercise pansy guru or an old hippie, but it kept the sweat outta my eyes... ;D
Rob

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."

Dresdon Acacin

• Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #147 on: Aug 31, 2010, 11:06 PM »
I have a keyhole vent fan, mouth fan that brok when an idiot picked up my helmat by the jaw with an iron fist and broke the 3 little struts that keep the fan in place in the square housing. Stupid Arutyce >:( A 12v volt red LED phased to slowly go out as the fan stops.I was going to put a laser diode and 30 watt industrial LED micro diode light. but it was too clunky. So I put it on the top half of my gauntlet. I have decide to go with the skull king gauntlet 4 piece instead clamshell gaunts.

« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2010, 11:10 PM by Dres'don A'cacin » Logged
Work while they sleep   Learn while they party   Save while they spend   Live like they dream

Nico Fett

• Porg Dad/Traffic Cone
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 100 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #148 on: Sep 04, 2010, 07:59 PM »
My bucket's inside, pre-visor installation.

Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness
Tra'cor Clan || MMCC #1653 || Traffic Cone Brigade #02
FB: Facebook.com/NicoTheFett | OM Invasions: 94

Kebii'tra Verda

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #149 on: Sep 04, 2010, 08:58 PM »
an old hippie

Was there any doubt? ;D ;D ;D Sorry, couldn't help myself. ;)

David.

#0127a Kebii'tra Verda
267th Brigade "Remo's Raiders"
Above and Beyond

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!