Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Flight suit ok?

• 7 Replies
Flight suit ok?
« on: Jan 25, 2020, 11:37 AM »
Hey so I bought a OMP go kart suit to use as my flight suit, is that ok? Obviously the brand names will either be covered or removed. Any suggestions?

https://www.flickr.com/gp/186278691@N08/K03012
https://www.flickr.com/gp/186278691@N08/9t617b

Ajoliveira

• Proud Member of the Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more 15+ clan level invasions
Re: Flight suit ok?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2020, 07:59 PM »
Hi Nilo, how are you doing?

Go for it.

AJ

KOVA #0022 | M.A.R.S #52 | M.V.S #52
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2020, 08:04 PM »
I’m doing good thank you for asking! Super pumped about my first mandalorian costume. It’s slowly but surely coming along

Ajoliveira

• Proud Member of the Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2020, 08:16 PM »
Happy to see that you’re motivated and everything is coming along!

Take your time, no rush needed. After all, no one is leaving from here  ;)

AJ

KOVA #0022 | M.A.R.S #52 | M.V.S #52
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2020, 08:38 PM »
Any suggestions on weathering the flight suit?

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2020, 10:27 AM »
Any suggestions on weathering the flight suit?

Seeing as it's already black, you may want to weather it with some grey or graphite coloured paint. Easiest way to do that is to get the spraypaint, lay your suit out somewhere (outside, preferably) and mist over the suit. So don't spray at it, allow the paint to fall on the suit. Using spraypaint will ensure that the weathering stays when you wash your jumpsuit.

Also, depending on how beat up you want your suit to look, you can get a 5 gallon bucket, throw the suit in, throw in some rocks and gravel, seal it up with a lid and roll it down the sidewalk/street/hill a few times or 3. Then take it out, give it a good shake and see what you've got.

Oya!

Andry         ; )
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2020, 10:34 AM »
Ok! Wow that's really interesting! Thank you, because I had no clue as to go about doing it. I kind of want my mando to look like he's been in the desert so maybe I can do that with sand too?

jethroskull

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2020, 11:07 AM »
Also, depending on how beat up you want your suit to look, you can get a 5 gallon bucket, throw the suit in, throw in some rocks and gravel, seal it up with a lid and roll it down the sidewalk/street/hill a few times or 3. Then take it out, give it a good shake and see what you've got.
This!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!