Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Build #2 WIP pursuit to Brigade

• 26 Replies

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Build #2 WIP pursuit to Brigade
« Reply #15 on: Feb 24, 2020, 07:59 PM »
Really digging the look of this build. That paint job is one of the more unique ones I've seen, to be certain. I do have a couple of suggestions. Definitely agree on the knees and shoulders. With the former, they clearly fit but the shaping with the fold on the front does make them look to be floating, so by flattening out the front you'll probably fix that easily. From there, I think you'd be better served by straightening that belt out and then adding holster straps or even a second, slanted holster belt. As it stands, it looks like your belt simply sagged down, even though it looks to me like you did it deliberately. Otherwise, awesome work!

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144
« Reply #16 on: Feb 24, 2020, 09:30 PM »
Really digging the look of this build. That paint job is one of the more unique ones I've seen, to be certain. I do have a couple of suggestions. Definitely agree on the knees and shoulders. With the former, they clearly fit but the shaping with the fold on the front does make them look to be floating, so by flattening out the front you'll probably fix that easily. From there, I think you'd be better served by straightening that belt out and then adding holster straps or even a second, slanted holster belt. As it stands, it looks like your belt simply sagged down, even though it looks to me like you did it deliberately. Otherwise, awesome work!

The belt is off right now because I havenít added the second holster. I still need to make it which will be awhile because of the Military. So yes it was intentional lol. The knees are a lot better now with the elastic I didnít get a chance to re-kit back up to show that with the flight suit, but I did a bunch of stuff around the house with them and they didnít move and my wife said they look great. I also made bigger shoulders again didnít have time to re-kit to show those.

Also I cut the edges of the Jawa cape up to make it look more worn and also weathered it a little bit more. I also ordered a voice changer, mic, and external speaker. I will be taking it on my deployment to fine tune it for when I get back. I may get the holster built while Iím out just may need to take some Sitra with me. Other than that Iím at a stand still. This is my last update for a little bit but I will check in if anyone has questions. Thanks for the constructive criticism so far I always love to hear it. It makes the kits that much better.

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #17 on: Feb 25, 2020, 08:08 PM »
Great job, so far!  Keep 'em coming'!

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #18 on: Feb 27, 2020, 04:00 PM »
Yeah, good work on those parts, and good luck with your deployment! I look forward to seeing your build continue when you get back.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144
« Reply #19 on: Feb 27, 2020, 08:47 PM »
Update!! I have decided to take a 2x2 foot section of Sitra with me and my westar to build my other holster. Also if I can acquire a piece of acrylic while Iím out and about. I will be making a vibro knife too. I did get my voice changer in and will be fashioning that into a filter element that will be on my belt and run a hose to the helmet which will allow me to run the mic to my helmet. I will be putting the speaker in a front ammo pouch. So more to come it will be slow coming, but the updates will roll out.

« Reply #20 on: Mar 15, 2020, 09:13 PM »
Alright so far itís been slow I have been focused on reading and working out, but I got the itch so I started plugging away again a few days ago. So I have a non-animated style westar and I also have a animated style one I thought it would be weird to mix the two so I decided well time to make a holster and another animated style westar. Going along the lines of one needing to be a little bigger than the other for gun slinger brigade I did just that. So I got all the pieces together just now working on the finer details and then adding things to watch it close to my other one. So enough talk and here are the photos.

« Reply #21 on: Mar 30, 2020, 12:19 AM »
Alright so it has been fun being locked on a 175 foot ship with out being able to leave when we stop to get fuel. None the less I have tried to keep busy with the supplies that I have with me. I finished up the blaster and painted it again with what I could scrounge up, and also finished up the construction of the holster. Paint will have to wait until return home. Also I did a thing and ordered a NME Stalker bucket so that should be home by the time Iím done with my deployment. So here is what I leave you with. Tomorrow I start working on my Vibro blade.

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #22 on: Mar 30, 2020, 01:59 AM »
Well done!  Looking forward to your next update when you can.

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59
« Reply #23 on: Mar 30, 2020, 08:35 PM »
Ok with the blaster/holster at a point where I canít work on it due to being stuck where I am. I started on my vibro blade today. It was a good 2 hours of keeping my brain occupied on something other than the world burning lol. Still waiting on the second coat of spot putty to dry before I sand it up. Also need to find some accent pieces to put on the blade to universe it. I think it turned out pretty well.

« Reply #24 on: Apr 06, 2020, 06:17 AM »
Awesome work! You'll love the Stalker. Great bucket.

I'm impressed you can work on that stuff while at sea. I never had time, between drills, quals, maintenance, etc.

EM2(SS)

MMCC #2223 B.O.M.B. #107
« Reply #25 on: Apr 06, 2020, 07:39 PM »
Awesome work! You'll love the Stalker. Great bucket.

I'm impressed you can work on that stuff while at sea. I never had time, between drills, quals, maintenance, etc.

EM2(SS)

Prior ETV got sub disqualified for kidney stones. Surface Navy is a lot different. Nucs never have time to do stuff lol.

« Reply #26 on: Apr 06, 2020, 11:04 PM »
Truth. I had a kidney stone near the end of my tour. I ended up getting out (ETS) before getting medically qualified to go back to the boat. And no, nukes never had time for anything.  ;)

MMCC #2223 B.O.M.B. #107

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!