Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Steps needed to prep this Dickies work shirt?

• 6 Replies
Steps needed to prep this Dickies work shirt?
« on: Feb 05, 2020, 04:59 PM »
I've ordered 2 Dickies items for my undersuit: a pair of black work pants, and this black long sleeve work shirt

My question is: what steps will I need to take to prep the work shirt?  I'm assuming that I'll need to remove the chest pockets using a seam ripper, and replace the black buttons with velcro.  Any other steps needed?

In case you people have forgotten, this block operates under the same rules as the rest of the city. Ma-Ma is not the law... I am the law.

jethroskull

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
Re: Steps needed to prep this Dickies work shirt?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2020, 05:09 PM »
Think about what you'll wear over it before you start chopping things off... will your flak vest cover the buttons? Do you have a kama that will cover pant pockets?

Desago

• Keep your wits sharp, and your blade sharper.
  • Awards 200 troops 150 troops 267th Rapid Assault 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Chicago
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2020, 05:21 PM »
I wear Dickies work wear for my flight suit. The only modifications I made were sewing Velcro on the knees to hold my knee armor in place and added some wearing to the arms and legs.
My vest and gaunlets cover the majority of the shirt and my thigh plates, kama, knees and boots cover the majority of the pants.

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."
L.O.B # 22 | M.A.J.I.C # 166 |M.A.D. # 72 | M.T.S (Mando-Tough) # 89 | S.P.A.R.C.K. # 19 | M.A.C.K # 37| O.O.P.S.! # 27
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2020, 05:25 PM »
Think about what you'll wear over it before you start chopping things off... will your flak vest cover the buttons? Do you have a kama that will cover pant pockets?

My flak vest might not cover the bottom button or 2.   I haven't gotten the vest yet, so I'll have to try everything on first before doing any modifications to the Dickies shirt.

Those pant pockets could be tricky.  They're the internal-style pockets, instead of the external jeans-style ones. 

In case you people have forgotten, this block operates under the same rules as the rest of the city. Ma-Ma is not the law... I am the law.

jethroskull

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2020, 05:36 PM »
My flak vest might not cover the bottom button or 2.   I haven't gotten the vest yet, so I'll have to try everything on first before doing any modifications to the Dickies shirt.

Those pant pockets could be tricky.  They're the internal-style pockets, instead of the external jeans-style ones.

Girth belt, sash, other belts should cover the lower bits. A bit of velcro should keep the slit pockets closed (which is all that's required, I believe). And as Desago mentioned once you get everything on there's not much showing.
personally, I'm going to wait until I suit up a bit more before I decide what to remove.

Desago

• Keep your wits sharp, and your blade sharper.
  • Awards 200 troops 150 troops 267th Rapid Assault 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Chicago
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2020, 07:07 PM »

All my pockets are fully functional including the cell phone pocket on the right leg.
My advice is hide what you can.

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."
L.O.B # 22 | M.A.J.I.C # 166 |M.A.D. # 72 | M.T.S (Mando-Tough) # 89 | S.P.A.R.C.K. # 19 | M.A.C.K # 37| O.O.P.S.! # 27
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2020, 06:54 AM »
Thanks for the tips everyone!   :boba:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!