Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Belt loops on bottom of flak vest, to hold up a heavy belt?

• 3 Replies
I'm curious if anyone has added belt loops to the bottom of their flak vest.   This would assist with holding up a heavy belt, if you're carrying multiple accessories and a large gun or knife on your belt.

My inspiration comes from the Dredd 2012 armor suit.  The vest piece contains leather belt loops to hold up the heavy Judge duty belt. 

See example pic below:

In case you people have forgotten, this block operates under the same rules as the rest of the city. Ma-Ma is not the law... I am the law.
Re: Belt loops on bottom of flak vest, to hold up a heavy belt?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2020, 10:23 AM »
If I was trying to hold up a heavy belt, I would probably put velcro on the corresponding part of the  vest and the belt, so it wouldn't show.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2020, 01:07 PM »
Similarly, for my kama, I use snaps to attach it to the vest to hold it up, as it's rather heavy.  Velcro or snaps would be suggested for a heavy belt, rather than loops, because you need (per CRLs) to have two waist items, such as an ammo belt and a girth or sash.

Leira

« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2020, 06:41 PM »
My work belt weighs like 20lbs. Having a lot of weight on your hips is a drag. You can order suspenders with belt loop clips and to hide them you can cover them in the same material as your belt. Now, if that will be approved, I have no idea. I put a link to a set of suspenders below. I'm not saying these are the best but it shows a picture with the belt attached to help visualize how they work.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B016R8OP1I/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_9i1oEbAQC4G83

I'm an amateur with advanced tools and intermediate ideas!

Stainless Steel armor WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=182907.0

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!