Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Primary weapon???

• 2 Replies
Primary weapon???
« on: Feb 05, 2020, 12:19 PM »
So I’m working on putting together my first build, and I’m trying to figure out my weapon load out. I’m planning on having two a180 blasters as sidearms, but I was wondering if having a full length vibrosword would qualify as a primary, or if I should still acquire a rifle of some sort? Any input would be super helpful!

“You can run, but you’ll only die tired.”
-Boba Fett

Foxtrot

• Rebel scum.
Re: Primary weapon???
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2020, 10:16 PM »
Here is the CRL for Modern Mandos:

Weapons
  • At least one weapon of Star Wars-universe style (not Earthly-looking). Nerf and other similar toy weapons MUST have labels/logos removed and repainted.
  • Manufacturer screw holes MUST be filled and smoothed. They must also be modified so they no longer appear “straight out of the box”. Meaning parts swapping, kit bashing, and the use of greeblies is required. Think “70’s future tech”.
  • Applicants must now provide 1 picture of their full weapon load-out when applying. Upload will be available on the application.

If you are just applying for a Modern Mando and not a pilot, you only really need to have one weapon for approval. Just one of your blasters could count as a primary weapon. Having two of them can also count as your primary weapons. Anything else is just additional to your load out. So feel free to make whatever you want. You could also just go the route of making some smaller belt attachments, like some thermal detonators or other explosives.

Keep in mind, once your kit is approved, you can always make changes and add new things. You will just need your clan Ruus'alor to approve anything new.

Brandon McFadden
ID-91313 | OM-1814
"Kot adol chaab."
Re: Primary weapon???
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2020, 10:41 PM »
Here is the CRL for Modern Mandos:

Weapons
  • At least one weapon of Star Wars-universe style (not Earthly-looking). Nerf and other similar toy weapons MUST have labels/logos removed and repainted.
  • Manufacturer screw holes MUST be filled and smoothed. They must also be modified so they no longer appear “straight out of the box”. Meaning parts swapping, kit bashing, and the use of greeblies is required. Think “70’s future tech”.
  • Applicants must now provide 1 picture of their full weapon load-out when applying. Upload will be available on the application.

If you are just applying for a Modern Mando and not a pilot, you only really need to have one weapon for approval. Just one of your blasters could count as a primary weapon. Having two of them can also count as your primary weapons. Anything else is just additional to your load out. So feel free to make whatever you want. You could also just go the route of making some smaller belt attachments, like some thermal detonators or other explosives.

Keep in mind, once your kit is approved, you can always make changes and add new things. You will just need your clan Ruus'alor to approve anything new.

Thank you!

“You can run, but you’ll only die tired.”
-Boba Fett

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!