Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Tor Vorru'tin WIP

• 5 Replies

Tor Vorru'tin

• Ures ijaat gar cuyir naas
Tor Vorru'tin WIP
« on: Feb 16, 2020, 10:00 PM »

Keely

• Cora Bla'or | Head Traffic Cone
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Tor Vorru'tin WIP
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2020, 10:23 PM »
Looks good and I love the color! The collar seems a little wide though. It'll be easier to confirm sizing once you have a vest and the spacing worked out a bit better.

Do you have a local Ruus working with you?

Traffic Cones #1 | N.O.S. #19 | O.A.S. | G.O.M.O.L. #29 | M5 #92 | K.O.V.A | M.V.S. #96 | Xeno #4
 FB | IG | Website | Twitter | Invasions: 18

Ram'ser Gota Tonar

• I don't miss my targets....
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2020, 12:20 AM »
Hello there vod!!

Love the colors you selected for your mando kit!!! But I also agree with Keely. The collar piece looks wider than the chest plates. Trimming the sides would solve the issue. This will help to have even edges the collar and the chest plates.

Algo I suggest you to begin with the properly placement of the plates from collar plates to the ab plate.

You are doing a good job vod!

« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2020, 12:26 AM by Ram'ser Gota Tonar » Logged

Tiric Keel

• Family is more than blood!
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2020, 09:51 AM »
Looking great ner vod!

Karta Beskar 2019
OM Troops: 80.  Educational Troops: 23
MMCC # 1081
159   Tiric Keel, 10/17/15, Vanguard, 267th Rapid Assault   Demolitions
DZ-80396 “Ace”

Tor Vorru'tin

• Ures ijaat gar cuyir naas
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2020, 07:37 PM »
Thanks for the advice Vode, will work on evening out the edges when I've got a day off.

Karl Dha'Werda

• MMCC Karl & Rex Dha'Werda &RL/TDE Karl Darklighter
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Most invasions trooped in 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2020, 09:32 PM »
Same mentioned in your PM.  I think your plates are too large and you should go down to a medium size for your templates.  What material and size are you using for your armor?

Repost from Oyu'baat Clan WIP

Finally posting my WIP link to imgur. Let me know what y'all think.

Quote from: Karl Dha'Werda

It is highly encouraged that you post images directly to your WIP thread rather than a link to a photo hosting site.  If you need help about how to post an image let me know and I can show and direct you how to.

That being said your collar looks too big, and possibly all your plates.  What is your height and weight?  What size templates did you use?  Your ab plate needs to come up a bunch.  The bottom should be at your naval/belly button.  The collar plate should be almost choking you.  The other plates use the rule of thumb (your thumb's width) for spacing and around the diamond it will be half your thumb for spacing.  Chest plates could use some more shaping, the shoulder bells look great.  Love the helmet, where did you get it or how did you make it?  Post some pictures if you made it.

« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2020, 09:51 PM by Karl Dha'Werda » Logged
Fair warning I like to take pictures and I've written a novel, so be prepared for both.
Karl Dha'Werda Facebook
Oyu'baat Clan
OM Troops: 63
Mandalorian WIP
Late Crusader kit
B.E.A.R.D.S#137|Mando Rider#038|ALUMINATI#036 FMM|MLCS#026|Oribru Akaata#54|MVS#100

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!