Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Color Question

• 2 Replies
Color Question
« on: Feb 08, 2020, 09:44 AM »
I know the Beskar version of Din Djarin CRL is in progress.  My question is can anyone help me nail down the flight suit/flak vest and bund colors?  I want to try and get fabrics and get sewing started but I have seen colors from gray to green, to brown, and I hate the thought of this being wrong and having to do it again.  Any help is appreciated.

Re: Color Question
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2020, 12:53 AM »
It's funny, some people identify the color as a sage green/charcoal grey color, and it does appear that way at times. Other people say it's a reddish brown clay color at times. Often these perceptions in color shifts are due to lighting or color grading of a scene post-production, they say.

Well, I'm looking at a head-on shot in at the timecount of 00:36:58 in the "Redemption" episode. Yo can clearly see Din's chest armor, pauldrons, and bucket. And his left arm sleeve looks green/grey- and here's the weird part- his right sleeve is clearly the reddish brown color. It would be strange to have a flightsuit that is split in different colors, wouldn't it? Or would it look kind of cool to have a flight suit that was brown on the right side, and green/grey on the left? Granted, the light in the scene is shifted to orange (the chrome helmet looks rather golden) so that may be what's going on too. But still, the two flightsuit colors I'm seeing in this shot are identical to what I expect to see in other shots, so I'm now leaning towards a flightsuit that is split into two colors. Left side green-grey, right side brown.

« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2020, 01:40 PM by BearCubsTeacher » Logged

D'shon Lorra

• Simple weapons are never out of order.
Re: Color Question
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2020, 12:27 AM »
A brown patina is what both mud and blood can give fabric. It makes sense to me as weathering, that there is only so much that scrubbing will do. No incident leaves a person covered uniformly in the moment, mud gets ground in differently, blood dries differently, and even a steam cleaner won't get all the staining out.

~☆~ Lorra

Still working the details...WIP Thread
-:- Cabur Akaata Member 218 -:- Clan Arqet -:-

Hayc besbe’trayce draar shuk’yc.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!