Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Build (Pre Vizsla S4/5 - Flightsuit Questions

• 2 Replies
First Build (Pre Vizsla S4/5 - Flightsuit Questions
« on: Feb 11, 2020, 02:59 PM »
Hey All,

While my 3D printer is hard at work building my armor, I'm looking into options for my soft parts - specifically, a flightsuit. I've seen a few people do a medium grey or olive green flightsuit, but based on the following images of S4/5 Pre Vizsla, I think his suit is a lighter shade of green - though to be fair the suit is dirty/weathered. He's also got double-sleeves. I found these "Spruce Green" coveralls and a short-sleeve shirt of the same color, which I was thinking I could wear over the coveralls for the double-sleeve effect. When it comes to weathering the pictured coveralls, is there an easy way to weather the whole thing? Would I just try to lightly spray paint gray over the green? All suggestions and advice are welcome, as this is my first build!  :vizsla:

« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2020, 03:27 PM by EatPrayNub » Logged

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018
Re: First Build (Pre Vizsla S4/5 - Flightsuit Questions
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2020, 04:07 PM »
I think it *could* work if the tailoring and such is done well. I would double check with the approval team to make sure it would be fine for approval and keep your ruusalor informed as well.

For soft goods weathering, you can mist various spray paints (browns, blacks, tans, etc) over the goods. Lay on the ground, mist (donít directly spray) over and let the paint fall onto the fabric.

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP
Re: First Build (Pre Vizsla S4/5 - Flightsuit Questions
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2020, 09:50 AM »
I think it *could* work if the tailoring and such is done well. I would double check with the approval team to make sure it would be fine for approval and keep your ruusalor informed as well.

For soft goods weathering, you can mist various spray paints (browns, blacks, tans, etc) over the goods. Lay on the ground, mist (donít directly spray) over and let the paint fall onto the fabric.

I appreciate the advice, and will check with the approval team as well! Thanks!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!