Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Velleman kit help

• 4 Replies

Leira

Velleman kit help
« on: Feb 15, 2020, 09:12 PM »
Hey y'all!

I bought the Velleman stereo ear kit. My goal is to attach it to a Bluetooth transmitter and have a Bluetooth earbud under the helmet. I put together the stereo kit and it works great if the noise you're trying to hear is about a foot in front of the microphones. Once I put the kit at my belt line, where I anticipated using so I could get background noise while wearing my helmet, it would not pick up my voice at a normal conversational level.

I have seen threads where multiple people have replaced the microphones. I have not found a specific microphone anybody is using. I have been looking at omnidirectional microphones and Electret Amplifier Mic Condenser.

Does anyone have advice? I've already tried asking on other threads and have not gotten responses.

« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2020, 10:49 PM by Leira » Logged
I'm an amateur with advanced tools and intermediate ideas!

Stainless Steel armor WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=182907.0

Fi-8015

• Awards 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Velleman kit help
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2020, 03:38 AM »
Hi, I fear I'm not a great help here, but I assembled a lot of these sets (>10)  and I never had any problem like this. I'm telling that, because I don't think new mics will solve the issue (I might be proven wrong).
Did you test it with wired headphones?  I guess you have already changed the batteries.
Does the potentiometer do any difference, if you turn it to minimum or maximum?

Resin helmets for sale in the Trading Station

electriFi - Mando Electronics English / German

Leira

« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2020, 06:57 PM »
I thought they were new batteries but I'll try that just to be sure. It's been a month since I put it together so I'm a little fuzzy on it. I don't have a 3.5mm jack wired headset, I'll have to look around. I messed with the volume on the headset and device and with everything all the way up, it was difficult for my hubby to hear my voice while the device was at my belt line.

JarekVekarrIrunel

« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2020, 11:03 PM »
So, if I read your comments correctly, are you attempting to use the kit as a voice amp?

Leira

« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2020, 12:37 PM »
I want to attach the Velleman and Bluetooth transmitter to my belt. Then have a wireless ear bud pick up the noise around me. It's to hear what is going on around me while I have a helmet on.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!