Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Is Dooku's Cape Ok?

• 2 Replies

Not a Dooku fan

• Ner Mando gai is Fel D'Kahn
Is Dooku's Cape Ok?
« on: Feb 24, 2020, 08:09 PM »
I plan on using a Count Dooku-style cape for my costume, it'll pretty much be screen accurate, would that meet requirements?

Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din. Mando'ad draar digu.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
Re: Is Dooku's Cape Ok?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2020, 10:52 AM »
From the CRLs:
Face Character Items:
No unmodified parts or themes can be used from Star Wars canon/legends face characters. This includes, but is not limited to, lightsaber trophies, lightsabers/darksabers, paint schemes, symbols/sigils, and armor pieces/elements. This does not include blasters, knives and other non-unique weapons or small props. Parts and themes from non face characters such as stormtroopers, clone troopers, generic Jedi or Sith, and rebels may still be used as long as they adhere to the CRLs in every other manner.

So, no.  A screen accurate or nearly so Dooku cape won't pass.
A different color, different material, different closure, but same shape cape could pass.  It would cover up your shoulder armor, though.  I would recommend starting with the pattern of a Dooku cape and altering it slightly so one side is back behind your shoulder (making it more of a Pre Vizla style cape.)

Not a Dooku fan

• Ner Mando gai is Fel D'Kahn
Re: Is Dooku's Cape Ok?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2020, 06:56 PM »
OK, Vor'e (thanks). I'll head back to the drawing board and see what I can come up with...

Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din. Mando'ad draar digu.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!