Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

helmet WIP

• 6 Replies
helmet WIP
« on: Oct 17, 2020, 01:26 PM »

comments or suggestions ?

“When one chooses to walk the way of the Mandalore, you are both hunter and prey.”

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: helmet WIP
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2020, 03:52 AM »
Before I can make comments or suggestions I need to know what your goal is. If it’s for official membership I have things to share to improve the overall look. If it’s just for fun or practice then I have less to comment or suggest.

QMU#084
« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2020, 09:04 AM »
Working toward official membership

“When one chooses to walk the way of the Mandalore, you are both hunter and prey.”

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2020, 10:07 AM »
Working toward official membership
You’ll need to do a bit more work on the dome Vod.
If you’ve not reinforced the inside yet I’d do that then  sand the top along the join and then use bondo to cover the seam and smooth that out before painting again.

QMU#084
« Reply #4 on: Oct 20, 2020, 10:27 AM »

Thanks I have reinforced the inside with fiberglass and redone the seam in the process of repainting also working on a scratch build helmet. Also I have a question do I need to fill the screw holes on rangefinder. Again thanks for all the suggestions

« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2020, 11:15 AM by Xero Dragoc » Logged

Bowfanny

« Reply #5 on: Oct 20, 2020, 11:53 AM »

Thanks I have reinforced the inside with fiberglass and redone the seam in the process of repainting also working on a scratch build helmet. Also I have a question do I need to fill the screw holes on rangefinder. Again thanks for all the suggestions
Yes the screw holes will need filled for club approval.

QMU#084
« Reply #6 on: Oct 20, 2020, 04:43 PM »

i got everything  i think

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!