Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Karmas?

• 7 Replies

Not a Dooku fan

• Ner Mando gai is Greese
Karmas?
« on: Feb 27, 2020, 07:03 PM »
If I wear a karma with my finished kit, can it wrap around the front of the thigh plates similar to the First Order Snowtroopers, or does it have to end in line with the hip and holster (if any) like Bly's?

Aliit ori'shya tal'din.

Do not speak bad of yourself. For the warrior within hears your words and is lessened by them.

Pain is your friend. Pain is your ally. Pain tells you when you have been wounded badly. But you know what the best thing a bout pain is? It tells you you are not dead yet.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Karmas?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2020, 10:12 PM »
Kama, but yeah, you can have it wrap around the front in a manner similar to the FO snowies, just make sure it doesn't completely cover your front. Those snowtroopers represent almost the maximum that you can have it cover your front, although I've seen kamas get approved that actually met at the top in front, just with sharp angles so that the bottom front edges were more or less in line with the sides of the knees.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Not a Dooku fan

« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2020, 10:25 PM »
Ah... sorry 'bout the spelling. Thanks, that'll help in finalising my design.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din.

Do not speak bad of yourself. For the warrior within hears your words and is lessened by them.

Pain is your friend. Pain is your ally. Pain tells you when you have been wounded badly. But you know what the best thing a bout pain is? It tells you you are not dead yet.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2020, 10:35 PM »
No worries; I would hope someone would point it out to me if I was using the wrong term :D. And you're welcome! I look forward to seeing it when you get started.

Not a Dooku fan

« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2020, 05:54 PM »
Kama, but yeah, you can have it wrap around the front in a manner similar to the FO snowies, just make sure it doesn't completely cover your front. Those snowtroopers represent almost the maximum that you can have it cover your front, although I've seen kamas get approved that actually met at the top in front, just with sharp angles so that the bottom front edges were more or less in line with the sides of the knees.
So does that mean it can also come past the knee, or does it have to end there?

Aliit ori'shya tal'din.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2020, 08:08 PM »
Kamas are (as far as I know) allowed past the knee. Only loincloths are restricted to the knee-length.

Not a Dooku fan

« Reply #6 on: Mar 03, 2020, 08:15 PM »
Ahhhh... Cheers vod.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
« Reply #7 on: Mar 03, 2020, 08:17 PM »
NBD, any time!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!