Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Soft Parts WIP

• 1 Replies
Soft Parts WIP
« on: Mar 08, 2020, 10:32 PM »
Hello, Vode- Here is my WIP for my flak vest and my flight suit. The fight suit is made from a two-piece Dickie's matching pants and long sleeve shirt. I removed the back and side pockets from the pants and will be wearing a kama and utility belt to cover the remaining two pockets. Belt loops will be covered by the belts and Kama.  Here's a couple pictures of that.

My plan is to hem the pants and see if I can taper them in. I'm also thinking of wearing spats.
Here's my Kama WIP while I'm at it:

Here's me and my flack vest. I'm going to add some more velcro to it to keep it from bunching in the pits.

This is my girth belt thus far:

The boots are gray and laceless. They need some weathering .
As always, any feedback is greatly appreciated! Oya!

BLUERAM

• Awards 300 Troops Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago 250 Troops 15+ clan level invasions
Re: Soft Parts WIP
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2020, 10:49 PM »
2 things that I question. Is the shirt being what looks like a knit material and the pants are normally more of a twill type material. So the question is do the look the same close up and the top and bottoms have to appear one piece, so they will need to look like the same material.
Second potential issue is the vest shoulders are uneven but once armor is added may fix that. Something to keepman eye on moving forward.

Overall I like how this all looks.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!