Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

P90 sniper

• 10 Replies

Scarletspidey85

• Death and honor
P90 sniper
« on: Mar 10, 2020, 02:24 PM »
Hello all. So an idea I had was to convert an old P90 airsoft gun into a sniper rifle for my wife's build. I would love to hear some ideas on it. Or if anyone has built something similar to this idea.

Vorir Gah'Kurs

• Ruus'amoose
  • The Maestro
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: P90 sniper
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2020, 10:08 PM »
Transforming a compact SMG into a sniper will be rather a unique build. So if we take the body, you'll need to extend the body either with sintra slabs by approximately 2 feet. Then add a barrel. PVC tube with a fun muzzle break. Do you have a sketch?

MMCC-1421
Shereshir'Ca - 009
B.E.A.R.D.S. - 114

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2020, 10:05 AM »
Do you have a sketch?

Ditto. This sounds very interesting.

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Vorir Gah'Kurs

• Ruus'amoose
  • The Maestro
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2020, 09:23 PM »

Something like this?

« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2020, 07:37 PM by Vorir Gah'Kurs » Logged

MMCC-1421
Shereshir'Ca - 009
B.E.A.R.D.S. - 114

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2020, 09:13 AM »
That looks cool, but that foregrip might still make it look a bit too earthy. Same with the scope. What if you reduced or changed the foregrip (maybe like a vented machine gun barrel like the DLT-20)? Maybe use some sights similar to what's on an A280 blaster (Rebel Endor Blaster) or like what Chewie has on his bowcaster?

The tough part about the p90 is the curved bits in the foregrip/trigger/grip area. You might also consider removing the magazine and maybe even giving more of a pad to the butt of the stock. Lotsa ways to go with this, and I'm certainly no one official here, but you might consider taking more influences from other existing SW blasters.

It's an interesting project and I'm looking forward to see how it all works out.

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Arkham

• Awards Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions Special Weapons
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2020, 12:50 PM »
I like your concept, but it doesn't read "Sniper Rifle" to me. Rifle, yes. Sniper Rifle ,no.

A sniper rifle is traditionally a long weapon, whereas the P-90 is a fairly short weapon. I think if you dramatically increased the length of the barrel you could definitely make this recognizable as a sniper rifle.

Arkham's WIP

Tra'cor Clan // G.O.M.O.L # 032 // M.V.S #68 // O.O.P.S.! #52 // L.O.B #49
« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2020, 11:51 AM »
Not to argue with Arkham, but there is precedent for a compact sniper rifle, the WA2000. It's almost exactly what you drew up but with some minor differences.

Arkham

• Awards Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions Special Weapons
« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2020, 05:09 PM »
I would agree. However, these are real world weapons. In the Star Wars universe we tend to see much longer weapons  as sniper rifles. I would hate for a lot of work to go into a sniper weapon that won't get approved because it is not "Swarzy" enough.

At the end of the day, unless you are going for the Sniper Brigade, it really won't matter. And if that is the case, it would be the call of the Brigade Marshall.

Arkham's WIP

Tra'cor Clan // G.O.M.O.L # 032 // M.V.S #68 // O.O.P.S.! #52 // L.O.B #49

Scarletspidey85

• Death and honor
« Reply #8 on: Apr 18, 2020, 09:01 PM »
I was thinking of keeping it closer to the original look but with a longer barrel like how a lot of star wars snipers are. Considered doing something to the clip to light it up.

« Reply #9 on: Apr 18, 2020, 11:07 PM »
I personally wouldn't recommend a P90 for conversion,it looks as something a human would make,but a human from another era or universe,which made it ideal for sci-fi films (notable appearance in SG-1) and is now ubiquitous in Hollywood.However if you still want to use it then I recommend you follow along with the design previously posted,but I suggest modifying the scope and maybe elongate the barrel an inch or two.I don't think it would look like a sniper rifle without extensive modification,but it might work as a DMR,specially if you troop with other mandos and you could make the idea that you're the marksman of the squad.

« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2020, 04:00 PM by Arminius » Logged
The strongest starts have hearts of kyber, but the strongest warriors have hearts of beskar.
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2020, 04:55 PM »
I thought that was an interesting idea, and I was bored, so I pieced together this as a base concept. It is a 3d file so it can be edited and/or printed.  I like the idea, even if this isn't exactly what you pictured. To make it more "swarzy" I would swap out the scope. Most Star Wars scopes seem to be really thin. But it was a fun prototype while I was bored and drinking. Thanks for the idea. I hope you like it.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 05:42 PM by PSessum » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!