Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mando weapons?

• 8 Replies

Not a Dooku fan

• Ner Mando gai is Greese
Mando weapons?
« on: Feb 26, 2020, 08:40 PM »
So when the CRLs say, "At least one ranged or close combat weapon of Star Wars universe-style (not Earthly-looking)," does this mean if I have a ranged weapon I don't need a close combat weapon? But I can still have both, right?

Aliit ori'shya tal'din.

Do not speak bad of yourself. For the warrior within hears your words and is lessened by them.

Pain is your friend. Pain is your ally. Pain tells you when you have been wounded badly. But you know what the best thing a bout pain is? It tells you you are not dead yet.

Fenris Claddanna

• Chaotic Fun
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Mando weapons?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2020, 09:10 AM »
To my understanding, it means that if you have a blaster, verpine,or other ranged weapon that fits within the Star Wars universe, then no, you do not need a melee style weapon for close combat, no. That being said, unless you're going for a Brigade build - which have their own set of additional rules - there's nothing that says you can't have more than the minimum. If you want to do a beskad and a blaster, or a spear and a verpine, or some other combination, you can. The only rules for styling are they need to fit within the Star Wars aesthetic; and no lightsabers or darksabers unless you're doing a canon build of a character that has that specific weapon.

My suggestion is to do multiples anyways. That way you have options depending on the trooping environment. Yes, a vibrohammer or a six foot long sniper rifle look cool, but in a crowded convention center they can get in the way. They can also get extremely heavy over a long troop.

Cheers!

Oyacyir mav, ash'amur pirusti

OM#1624
Kyrimorut#021:KMB# 32:B.E.A.R.D.S#128:W.B. #08:MTS#082:M.M.R.S#017

Arkham

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2020, 09:44 AM »
You just need to have 1 Star Wars universe-style weapon.

This can be a ranged or melee weapon. You can have as many as you want, but you must have at least 1 weapon to be approved.

Arkham's WIP

Tra'cor Clan // G.O.M.O.L # 032 // M.V.S #68 // O.O.P.S.! #52 // L.O.B #49

Not a Dooku fan

« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2020, 05:48 PM »
Cool, thanks guys. Do you think I'd be able to use a D-93 or nah?

Aliit ori'shya tal'din.

Do not speak bad of yourself. For the warrior within hears your words and is lessened by them.

Pain is your friend. Pain is your ally. Pain tells you when you have been wounded badly. But you know what the best thing a bout pain is? It tells you you are not dead yet.

Arkham

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Legends of Mandalore Brigade Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2020, 09:33 AM »
It's a Star Wars universe weapon, so it would qualify. It is also something that could be added later, if you wanted to go with a simpler weapon to be approved with.

Arkham's WIP

Tra'cor Clan // G.O.M.O.L # 032 // M.V.S #68 // O.O.P.S.! #52 // L.O.B #49

Not a Dooku fan

« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2020, 06:55 PM »
Cool, thanks dude.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din.

Not a Dooku fan

« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2020, 08:14 PM »
Another question: would an AB-75 Bo-Rifle be approvable? I'm assuming it would be since it's an in-universe weapon, but I just wanted to make sure.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din.

jethroskull

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #7 on: Mar 03, 2020, 09:00 AM »
Another question: would an AB-75 Bo-Rifle be approvable? I'm assuming it would be since it's an in-universe weapon, but I just wanted to make sure.

That would be an intensive build if it were going to be able to change configuration at all .

Not a Dooku fan

« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2020, 06:19 PM »
That would be an intensive build if it were going to be able to change configuration at all .
Yeah I know, which is why I'm going to have a back-up until I can get it done. An E-22 will do until I can finish it.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!