Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Soft parts question Loincloth/Kama

• 4 Replies

Beskar'ad Beroya

• "All your Droids are belong to BB"
Soft parts question Loincloth/Kama
« on: Mar 18, 2020, 10:58 AM »
Hi!

I am wondering what would be acceptable and hoping you guys can help me with this. I am struggling a but with this. So I am busy designing a Jawa Mando. However I am making a contingency plan just in case my original plan falls through because I'd like to use the original jawa robes instead of a flight suit. I sketched this for my original idea:

As you can see it's the original robes, with a flak vest over it with armor and also a kama/loincloth. Underneath the hood I would wear a bucket of course. This is by far my preference because nobody knows what Jawa's look like under their robes, but I can imagine that because of the CRL it is a no-go. I haven't had an answer from the App team yet regarding the flight suit question so I also have a contingency plan.

As a female is it possible for me to not wear a flight suit? My body has really weird dimensions and I would have very big problems finding or making decent bottoms, So I was thinking to maybe wear a black legging and a longsleeved black top. Is that possible?

Also, to "hide" my weird body I was wondering how long a kama can be? I understood that the loincloth must be knee length, but the kama can be longer. and can I make the kama with the loincloth at the front and three longer pieces covering the sides and back?

The robe issue ( if there is one) I was thinking of solving by making a sort of poncho like cape thing that long for the robe illusion, if the original robe is not allowed. do you guys think that is possible? the hood will nog be attached to the poncho cape thing because it need wiring to stay open (something I have done for my 501st Jawa and that doesn't work if the cape/poncho and the hood are one thing. any way this is the sketch:

Any tips are much appreciated!

"My name is Beskar'ad Beroya. You killed my mother, prepare to die."

Kurz

Re: Soft parts question Loincloth/Kama
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2020, 12:27 PM »
I'm no app team, nor OM. But 2 pieces flight suits (aka shirt+pants) are allowed if they look like a single piece when you wear your waist items (belts, sash etc.). Pretty sure that the Jawa robe is a no go because of flight suit CRLs, as u said. Cape + kama + loin cloth might be a way of doing it, but have you thought about dusters? A monk cloth duster might do the trick if they allow it.

OM #2524
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #133
Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion) #31
M.V.S. #89
L.O.B. #66

Beskar'ad Beroya

« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2020, 12:38 PM »
Yeah that was the general idea, to make a duster type thingie in a basket weave fabric similar to monk's cloth, just not with a hood attached to it because the Jawa hood needs wiring to keep it in shape and open.

Thanks for clarifying the part on the flight suit alternative, that already helps a bunch!

« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2020, 10:38 PM by chuckest » Logged

Beskar'ad Beroya

« Reply #4 on: Apr 13, 2020, 03:10 AM »
Thanks for the link, sadly the images of the first kit no longer seem to work... But I do have a general idea what I want and what works with my body type, whilst also still following the CRL  ;D

I generally chose to be a Jawa with the 501st and the rebel legion because the robes are a way to cover up stuff LoL, which is also why I'd choose a Tusken as my next project. Getting pants or a flight suit to fit properly is a nightmare, because my legs are way disproportionate to my waist. A.k.a I need to make the opening wide enough to fit my legs, but at my waist I would be able to fit in like three times LoL And wearing a legging seems like the easiest solution, but I really don't like leggings at all, but I will find a way to make it work for me X-D  ;D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!